Banks Lake. Gear for shore fishing?

dcsam

Sep 11, 2010
Westport
Thank you! So…. aside from casting from the bank, are there any other areas that would be easy fishing (thinking docks) for my ‘walking challenged’ husband? Ideally, we’ll be able to plunk a line a within a short distance of our campsite.
Apparently, there is a dock at Steamboat (for launching), but any others (specifically geared towards the handicap) around the area?
Getting reels and rods ready right now. Any suggestions for lures, bait? We are from the coast, and not at all familiar with fishing east of the mountains (but here? yes).
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat Name
Jasmine
There’s a campground, marina and tackle shop somewhere between electric city and coulee. It might be the coulee playland resort. I’m not entirely sure. But the camp store was surprisingly really well stocked with bass tackle. They had lucky craft lures, etx. The guy who manages the tackle seems to fish quite a bit. He may be able to help. There were several docks at the campground. I can’t really remember if there was a fishing specific dock but it’s a pretty quiet campground. Doesn’t have tons of traffic. Maybe they would be ok with your husband fishing off one of the docks. It’s a beautiful area. Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Florida
Name
Good
Boat Name
2021 Allied WildCat 30
That tackle shop aside the gas station in Coulee City will be your best bet for up to date info and gear. Super helpful last time I was there (at least they were quite a while ago).

Upvote 0

dcsam

Sep 11, 2010
Westport
Thanks. I agree… stopping at one of the local tackle shops is our best bet. Just finished getting rods and reels situated. And now, some tackle from our junk collection. It’s a start. Too much and probably not worth taking.
Thanks much for your input.
Caroline

7481D9EA-8BCE-4909-BF01-7E5CB531999C.jpeg

Upvote 0

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
Indianola & Browns Point
Name
kwik_wurk
Boat Name
Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
if bank fishing, big fan of flatfish (the top baggie). yellow—green—orange-black spotted colors. — get a split shot on the line to get it out farther and deeper. Crank away 20-30 tries, then move or swap gear. —. Banks lank can be sandy in spots, and then just plain rocks.

But that stretch between coulee city and electric city is a nice little spot, shouldn’t be too windy in May.

Upvote 0