Offshore Balls, suck balls that is....

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
Left Dana 0100. Baited up and started out to the ridge/182 area in hopes of a night bite. I watched the AIS all day and saw a couple boats that got limits and near limits the day prior. Lo and behold all the boats are scattered and the sonar is blanks minus a couple bait schools shallow. Move around up and down the ridge and to the 43 for nothing. Power nap and up at 0430 to start making moves. Corner on all sides looked slim. Some accounted for meter marks and a few fish on the surface but no one was bragging. I also question how many people even know what a school of actual fish looks like on their meter. Couple boats saying they were seeing tons of fish on the meter, yeah not where they said they were.

Anyway, move along the border to the ridge again. Up and down the nine. Prior to that I see what I think was Ali's rig blazing tail towards the Clemente Canyon or south Clemente Canyon. I got into La Jolla and checked the AIS to see that is where some of the cattle boats are.

I have a serious case of the "Fuck tuna fishing."

La Jolla was packed with bait. Crazy there was no yellows in there or if there were there wasn't much. Wide on the short calicos. I'm sure you could put a bag of sheeps, tacos and what not together. Real fishy looking in there.

I'm sticking to Cat and what I know. Be bobbing for swords soon. Cat food is for the birds. Good luck out there............

Last edited:

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
Also, the fuckery on the radio as usual was top notch. The twats that gab on there are such a joke. I don't know who I hate more. The dorks that are actually rich and have nice boats constantly hailing their buddy or the super twats that are driving daddy's $$$$ around fishing all the time cursing like it is cool all day.

None the less, the cock talk is strong in San Diego. Non-existent around Cat, SBI, Clemente and CI. Must be an offshore SD thing cause that us the only time I hear so much of it and I've been down there enough to know.

jeffkaiser
jeffkaiser
So right... gets old.
Upvote 0
leocrazy
leocrazy
Oh yeah no rich twats at catalina. For real man? I have a 19ft 78 tri hull so i wouldn’t include myself in the rich SD twat category. Plus I hear the shit on the radio but dont participate, it does have an off setting.
Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    It will turn, I am licking my wounds from tuesday, (see pathetic report). Lets make a list and regroup in oct., before lobster season, and compare notes. I suspect we will have our fill of fish.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Also, the fuckery on the radio as usual was top notch. The twats that gab on there are such a joke. I don't know who I hate more. The dorks that are actually rich and have nice boats constantly hailing their buddy or the super twats that are driving daddy's $$$$ around fishing all the time cursing like it is cool all day.

None the less, the cock talk is strong in San Diego. Non-existent around Cat, SBI, Clemente and CI. Must be an offshore SD thing cause that us the only time I hear so much of it and I've been down there enough to know.
    Douchbagarry at it’s best, God I miss “Hard-core” Really enjoyed the blow back from the little guy bragging all the time....

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    I gotta say you guys are not inspiring me to get up at midnight, drag the sled to SD and do a 20 hour day.

F’n bluefin. Seems I only catch em as bycatch.
    It’s a brutal game, cheaper to slip and fish local year round than drag down there, Ill take rock fish tacos over hours of prep driving trolling n heartbreak I like the numbers you post better than the pounds SDBoys do. Always watch out what I call the Parker patrol🙄 all latest gear n sponsored threads lined up in a row at the barge with their nose up n chest out like their just..... BETTER Than us little people!

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    It was tough fishing yesterday.

In the words of Mike lackey.

'This fishery changes day by day. What they bite, where they are. You have to think on your feet. '

This coming from a man that is known to be the best. Good luck this year.

Upvote 0

peterc

Meg
    Jun 14, 2006
    capo beach
    Name
    peter
    Boat
    Grady 263 Chase
    I’d did the same thing yesterday. Fished west of the 43 for one 25lb bluefin on the California Flyer. Super surprised he ate it. Yesterday sucked. Lots of blanks.

Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0

pelagiko

baitfish
    Jul 26, 2006
    SD
    Name
    Bryant
    Boat
    Custom 28' Widebody Ocean Cat

similar experience, radio was all time STOOPID but filled the gaps for people to laugh at ....boated a couple YTs out at the corner .... encountered BF frothing throughout the day (corner, 43, 226, outside the 9) and would not bite .... saw a total of 114 boats and NO ONE else with a fish at gaff all day ..... Mercury not in retrograde, but the bite was!

Reactions: bazzturd
    Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
    Apr 27, 2003
    santee
    Visit site
    Name
    dwayne
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    The night bite has been very poor of late. I was talking with a fiend who has done very well the last 3 days in the area of the 43 in the period of early afternoon to sundown. Does not even leave until 10 am. So far, 6 fish over 200 on the kite/balloon and flyers slow trolled at 1 knot.

We had limits of BFT on our charter on the San Diego on Sunday. Matt said you just have to find the school that wants to stick to the boat, as many schools just haul ass as the boat approaches. Right place at the right time right now.

Reactions: bazzturd
    Upvote 0

gregd

Jun 13, 2012
    Dana POint/CA/USA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    mako
    Here's an idea I came up with listening to the radio on Sunday. Everyone's radio get's upgraded so if you are spewing shit all the other Captains can hit a button on their radio that shocks you like in the Tijuana bars back in the day. Bet the bs would tone down. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Yeah! Fuck cheer! Fuck tuna fishing!

I bet you get em next time. Good report BTW.

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0