thomasfishing

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
Daughter has school registration in the morning and decided to take the day off and do a little pier fishing. Needed to stock up on mackeral for upcomng Lobster opener. Nothing wide open but Bonito were around. When I got there saw a yellowtail in someone's bucket and said wow. Guy that caught said the yellowtail were biting in the morning. Then I said to myself, where there is one, there is sure to be others. Long story short. I fishing only a couple of hours, all the bonies you want. 1-3 lbers. On one of the hook up on live sardine which by the way was very hard to catch unless you have the right small sabiki rig. My drag starting singing. Unlike bonito hook up this one kepting going and going and wouldn't stop. After a short 5 min fight, got my line back and saw a good size yellowtail at the end. Around 10lbs but by then my 6lb test line finally parted way and the fish won it's freedom. Bummer to say the least, but still determined. 20 mins go by and I get another bite that seems to me the right kind. Not as fiesty as the first but definitely the right kind. Sure enough it was a small rat yellowtail. I saw at least 6 yellowtail that were caught so definitely they are around. Thank you el nino
IMG_1516.JPG

Upvote 0

Greg get

Jun 1, 2015
Name
gregory
Boat
fish
Nice pier caught yellow Thomas! Good to see you here on these forums, still getting it done! This is Greg from back in the day. Congratulations.

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
That is RAD!!!

Upvote 0

Latest posts