la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Sounds like you'll have to cancel any plans south for a while. This could just be the nail that kills so many people's small business.

I haven't crossed in a long time. But use to cross every week for dinner, shopping and fishing.
Last time I crossed so many of the border shops were closed down. Because of the drug wars and the hassle crossing back. I've had a Sentra pass for years and never used it. Sad.

blowncar

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
Travel back and forth from the States to Ensenada has been pretty much business as usual. They do have a check station several miles outside of town on both hi-way 1 & 3. They ask why you're traveling, a simple I live their response has gone unchallenged.

One thing that's f'd up is the CBP is purposely causing long delays in returning. Traffic is significant lighter but CPB is not opening very many lanes. Took 3 hours thursday morning to cross at Tecate. Finally get to the gate and only 1 lane open with 2 officers working. Standing in the closed lane bullshitting were 8-9 officers

40Grit

Sep 9, 2009
Newport Beach California
Name
Steve Brown
Boat
Radovich 34
Travel back and forth from the States to Ensenada has been pretty much business as usual. They do have a check station several miles outside of town on both hi-way 1 & 3. They ask why you're traveling, a simple I live their response has gone unchallenged.

One thing that's f'd up is the CBP is purposely causing long delays in returning. Traffic is significant lighter but CPB is not opening very many lanes. Took 3 hours thursday morning to cross at Tecate. Finally get to the gate and only 1 lane open with 2 officers working. Standing in the closed lane bullshitting were 8-9 officers
Border politics can be very apparent. Waited 12 hours in TJ last year, after current regime made an announcement about immigration.
lanes closed, got to crossing at midnight, the roadway was awash in urine, hawkers had switched to selling gas by the gallon.

denis

Deadhead lures Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Colorado
Name
denis
Boat
deadhead luees
Some fishermen I’ve been hearing are headed down the first of the month we should hear more about crossings

Bozly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 9, 2012
San Felipe BC
Name
John
Boat
Sold it and bought an inflatable
Crossing is one thing and being able to do anything is another. Last weekend here in the Mexicali municipality the decree came down everything closes at 7 and you are not to leave your house after 6, masks required everywhere, one person per family in anywhere and all the rest. It ain't getting better here yet and more and more the locals are blaming gringos for bringing this stuff down here. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter, they are not happy with people from the US in many places and the smaller the town the less they will put up with shit.

Just because the Dumpster Fire says all is good there doesn't mean its all good here.

Reactions: smokinwater

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Crossing is one thing and being able to do anything is another. Last weekend here in the Mexicali municipality the decree came down everything closes at 7 and you are not to leave your house after 6, masks required everywhere, one person per family in anywhere and all the rest. It ain't getting better here yet and more and more the locals are blaming gringos for bringing this stuff down here. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter, they are not happy with people from the US in many places and the smaller the town the less they will put up with shit.

Just because the Dumpster Fire says all is good there doesn't mean its all good here.
Hmmmm.....Interesting. Mexicans blame all Gringos for the virus. While Gringos blame all Chinese Americans for the Wuhan Virus.

Reactions: straightrod

Bozly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 9, 2012
San Felipe BC
Name
John
Boat
Hmmmm.....Interesting. Mexicans blame all Gringos for the virus. While Gringos blame all Chinese Americans for the Wuhan Virus.
Yep and like I said, right or wrong, it is being put on us and it is their country. From what I've seen here locally, they are taking things a little more seriously. Maybe it's because we have 9 official cases here and a few deaths. Everybody is more connected in a small town so you are always only a few degrees away from anyone you may see on the streets.

Avery Gilleland

Apr 8, 2012
Cal.USA /loreto bcs./lopez mataos b.c.s.
Name
avery gilleland
Boat
tuna can
Bozly is correct, I'm down here in southern baja ,Lopez Mateos to be exact. The locals don't care where the virus came from but we americans are the only new people that come into there towns so it is natural they blame us. Right now due to the virus threat the government has cracked down on everything, no resturants hotels , bars etc. NO sport fishing and worst of all No Beer. No work means no living,

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I take a copy of my electric bill for my house in Puerto San Isdiro and it`s no problem , the last time they didn`t even ask

Reactions: blowncar

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Was just in Cabo. Easy to fly there from LAX, cheap $128 one way. After we landed on our Alaska flight with 18 people we all got on a bus, (not 6 feet apart) and were shuttled over to the private jet terminal where we stood in line for 25 minutes to be checked in. They did customs and baggage (red light, green light deal) all in one spot. There was a lady with a FLIR camera you had to walk in front of. Wasn't bad, but just figure on 1-3 minutes per person. It will add up quick.

Los Cabos streets are empty.

IMG_4992.jpg

Reactions: Cubeye and repo805

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
Heard this morning two different people got turned around in ensenada then went through tecate but got turned back in puertocitos?

Reactions: Cubeye

sammyvelvet

Aug 8, 2013
long beach
Name
sammy
Boat
no
Was just in Cabo. Easy to fly there from LAX, cheap $128 one way. After we landed on our Alaska flight with 18 people we all got on a bus, (not 6 feet apart) and were shuttled over to the private jet terminal where we stood in line for 25 minutes to be checked in. They did customs and baggage (red light, green light deal) all in one spot. There was a lady with a FLIR camera you had to walk in front of. Wasn't bad, but just figure on 1-3 minutes per person. It will add up quick.

Los Cabos streets are empty.

View attachment 1150979
So what happend? once you got in were all the hotels , restaurants and bars open? As well as the Walmart and Costco? how about charter sports fishing boats / pangas? Can you please provide info.. .thanks

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
So what happend? once you got in were all the hotels , restaurants and bars open? As well as the Walmart and Costco? how about charter sports fishing boats / pangas? Can you please provide info.. .thanks
Nothing is open besides the Mega and the grocery store across the street. A few places are offering take-out but most everything is closed. I went from Airport to Puerto Los Cabos and left on a yacht to San Diego. No charters running as far as I know. I've received emails from two hotels stating they are opening July 1st. I was told it will not be a 100% open, there will be stages of opening the hotels like at first 20% occupancy, then increased from there.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

[email protected]

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 27, 2008
Dana Pt / Los Barrilles
Name
Greg
Boat
23 diaz Superpanga/20ft Blackman
All charter boats here on the East Cape are out of the water! Not one boat anchored up for over a month and a half. We are allowed to go out on pangas but only 2 per boat and only to fish for food and they cannot have a tourismo nautico which is for charter. Im told that if you want to take out a bigger boat you need to apply for a permit from the port captain. I have seen the military stopping and checking boats but I have not been checked yet.
We do not see much happening here but they did just open up construction and some Govt. offices on the first. Hotels still have not gotten a date to reopen. Beer has not been in the stores for weeks either! Ive actually started waxing the truck to stay busy LOL

juicebruiser

Beast Master
Jul 23, 2014
Lakewood
Name
Kevin Davidson
Boat
N/A
I have a Tony Reyes Trip in Mid July, Anyone following this thread from San Felipe ? Please post on the conditions there.

Reactions: jer dog

Bozly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 9, 2012
San Felipe BC
Name
John
Boat
Here in San Felipe only fishing for food for the family. All stores closed at 7 PM and beaches still closed, even heard the Marina is patrolling the beaches north of town and kicking people off them. All food is para llevar but you can get tacos at least. Last I heard Bahia is still closed with a filter on the north end of town. There is talk about some opening on June 16th but that could get pushed back, things haven't turned flat or down here and the govt seems to be taking a little more notice lately.

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
All charter boats here on the East Cape are out of the water! Not one boat anchored up for over a month and a half. We are allowed to go out on pangas but only 2 per boat and only to fish for food and they cannot have a tourismo nautico which is for charter. Im told that if you want to take out a bigger boat you need to apply for a permit from the port captain. I have seen the military stopping and checking boats but I have not been checked yet.
We do not see much happening here but they did just open up construction and some Govt. offices on the first. Hotels still have not gotten a date to reopen. Beer has not been in the stores for weeks either! Ive actually started waxing the truck to stay busy LOL
I had to reschedule our trip. I hope to see you guys next year ! Frank P

pescadorrr

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 8, 2013
Seal Beach,CA
Name
Pescadorrr
Boat
Parker 1801
I have heard of some guys making the run to BOLA. They drive at night to avoid the cops and checkpoints and had no problems. This was a few weeks ago.
Mexico lifted their stay at home order on June 1st except for the red zones (areas where cases of COVID19 are on the rise). Problem is, practically the whole country is in the red zone.

Maybe a dumb question, but has anybody been able to cross into Mex towing a boat? Trying to get to the islands way south of BOLA before the water gets too hot. Would like to take Mex 5. Sounds like a nice new road.

¡suerte!

Last edited:

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
I have heard of some guys making the run to BOLA. They drive at night to avoid the cops and checkpoints and had no problems. This was a few weeks ago.
Mexico lifted their stay at home order on June 1st except for the red zones (areas where cases of COVID19 are on the rise). Problem is, practically the whole country is in the red zone.

Maybe a dumb question, but has anybody been able to cross into Mex towing a boat? Trying to get to the islands way south of BOLA before the water gets too hot. Would like to take Mex 5. Sounds like a nice new road.

¡suerte!

You are one brave man to drive those roads at night or should I say you crazy. Cows, goats, horses, on the road, insane semi truck drivers, pot holes you can not see in the dark and banditos.

Reactions: repo805