Baja Snow

poloc

May 19, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
15' Klamath
Just got home from the Mexicali valley from the last days of hunting season Dove and Duck. Before leaving the camp for home (SAN DIEGO) was told by the owner of the camp that La Rumarosa was closed do to heavy snow fall. So my buddy and I headed south to the Valle Trinadad High Way 3 and crossed over to Ensenada. WOW!!! There was snow on the road 3 to 4 inches deep and the valley floor had snow all over it. If you didn't know any different you would have thought you were in Montana. I have to get my kid to post some pictures. Picacho Diablo was covered in clouds but I know it got serious snow. Crossed at Tecate two cars in front of me 15 minutes including secondary for gun verification.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
We have been surprised by snow on a couple of trips to San Felipe. They don't have too many snow plows in Baja either... :D

Upvote 0

MoMoney1970

Jan 5, 2012
Tracy,Ca
Name
Sam
Boat
20ft Alumaweld Stryker
One christmas I think 2006 we were in San felipe Temp in the High 70's left to ensenada got caught in a sand storm with just a few feet visabilty then on the mountain crossing to Ensenada hit some Heavy snow then cold rain in Ensenada.Gotta love it

Upvote 0

poloc

May 19, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
15' Klamath
Sorry Rex I got excited and went to the site I usually look at for Baja info. The SNOW was so novel to me I thought it would interest others. My friend Jimmy Edwards fished in the channel behind the camp for caught nothing.

Upvote 0