MMURCIANO

Aug 23, 2021
Name
Mike Murciano
Boat
Challenger 215
I was supposed to go fishing out of Ensenada on Wednesday last week, but I ended up canceling over concerns about the weather. I was looking for an alternative to fill that void, but so many boats are out of the water right now doing their annual maintenance. I was thinking about doing a year-in-review type of post for this week when my buddy Dennis Leung hit me up to head down to San Quintin.

I’ve fished San Quintin before, but it’s always been on a boat originating out of San Diego. Dennis has a seafood business with a processing plant in Tijuana. A lot of the sportfishing operations in Baja California are also commercial fishermen. Consequently, Dennis has a great network of contacts and I knew he’d be dialed in terms of a good outfit to take us out. I accepted without further detail.

I was convinced I made a good choice starting with our accommodations. We stayed at Hotel Jardines which had beautiful grounds and a nice restaurant. The rooms were a notch...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great Report/info/pics Joe...Solid Work.
    What a load of fish of guys! Nice haul.
    PS What a tangle. LOL Been there, trust me!

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    Looks like fun , Thanks for the report , im heading to my house at Puerto San Isdiro on the 27th of December for a week and im hoping to catch some nice lngs with live mackerl at the 240 spot , great time of year for rockcod after a fun season of Bluefin tuna fishing

Reactions: elskel
    Upvote 0