Part-time Angler | Full-time Kook
Oct 18, 2017
Encinitas
seastheslay.com
Name
Jordan Jennings
Boat
Everglades 325cc
I was supposed to go to Gonzaga Bay last week. I’d been looking forward to this trip for weeks now.

thresher_grouper_081020.jpg

My buddy, Chris Fierro, invited me to go with his group of kayak fishing buddies. Although I can (kinda sorta) kayak, I don’t have a ton of confidence in my skills. Last year, I got myself into a hairy situation when I tried to kayak fish the Cliff Lingcod spot up in Washington State. I tried to kayak fish while visiting Loreto a few years back. I overturned the kayak, couldn’t get back in, and had to backstroke it towing the kayak back to the beach. So given my current state of kayak fishing prowess (or lack thereof), I decided to book 2 days of panga fishing with Capt. Alonso Garcia Lucero (right) of Thresher...

Continue reading...

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
The area was a sport fishing paradise back in the 50"s til 70"s that made the town. Be nice to see it make a come back. Those two fellas getting in the way of organized crime are taking on substantial risk.......wish them the best. Fun read.....thanks

Reactions: Tunahead and Jordan
Upvote 0

tonyjones93

Oct 20, 2021
Ridgecrest, CA
Name
Tony Jones
Boat
None
Just the farther south you go the better the Fishng gets if u want a guide capt juans in Gonzaga
thanks for the tip. Definitely would love help finding good spots and what kind of things are working to get a bite. Any good spots to just pull off the highway and throw out a line and enjoy a cold one? maybe catch something?

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
Fishing in SF is a cut bait kinda place, just the way it is. Best bait hands down is shrimp , bring down a bag or two of uncooked fresh frozen...... Stater Bros (usually) has it. Its your best shot at catching corvina. Carolina rig it

Last edited:
Reactions: denis
Upvote 0