Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Hey guys. Due to what looks like possibly the worst Salmon return in 50+ years on the Klamath I'm changing plans for Vacation this year.

Ive long wanted to fish my boat out of socal and with all the Pelagics around this year I am going to tow on out there.

I need a solution for live bait and after lots of searching over the years bait tanks just take up too much deck space.

I have a 2000 Bayliner Trophy 1802 and I think a bait back avoiding a through hole connection is the way I want to go. I have no need for the bait tank or bag in this case once back in Colorado so being able to easily un mount it seems ideal.

I have found online a product by aquaworld called a superbag plus Model number is SBP-28.

Problem is I cant find how to buy one and I'm wondering if they are out of business? nobody picks up the contact us number.

So I leave it to the BD crowd. recommendations on baitbags or where to buy a quality one? I'm hoping for a larger one in this example a 28 gallon.

Thanks

hbouldin1216

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
I have an Aquaworld tank as well and reached the owner through the email contact form on the website. Had a similar result trying via phone.

Not sure what your time frame is but you may want to try posting a wanted ad in the classifieds. You may be able to pick one up cheap, or even borrow one from someone while you're down this way. You never know until you ask!

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Went and measured up on the boat and it looks like its going to be the 18 gallon. I got ahold of somebody on the phone yesterday after multiple prompts. Not a lot of bait capacity but its a small boat and I own lots of metal :D

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Well my point isnt big enough for the bait bag I ordered so if anyone is looking for one I will sell at a great price. I think its the 18 gallon model. If interested I can text pics of it.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Does the boat have a swim step?

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Very small swim ladder and platform. We are installing a kodiak pf 22 in front of the outboard it will tie up some deck space but can double as a cutting board

Reactions: Fishbones

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Don't be frustrated if the live bait deal does not work out, I've had many trips when bait was not needed or used to catch fish. Basically just gave a long boat ride to some sardines only to be released in the bay....

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Don't be frustrated if the live bait deal does not work out, I've had many trips when bait was not needed or used to catch fish. Basically just gave a long boat ride to some sardines only to be released in the bay....
We have 5 nights reserved in Dana so if weather is crumby it will be calico and halibut drifts. With good weather it will be tuna /paddy hunting and maybe a run or to to Catalina. Not afraid to chunk unused bait for the following day and keep on ice either

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/th...-dana-point-sept-12-16-question.636092/page-2

Got my photos up of what we did with the bait tank. 2 pieces of 4x4 cedar post. Bracketed quite a bit. This works for this trip. When we get back I will remove the tank an work on fabbing up a Aluminum or steel post with top and bottom plates that we can powdercoat and make look great with good function. So far I honestly dont even feel this tank has crept into usable deckspace so the tank might just be a permanent install. Time will tell.

Thanks for all the help guys!