Low N Slow

Senior Chief
Sep 4, 2016
Temecula
Name
Shawn
Boat
Sold - so I make a great ho now
It was hot and humid the first day of our 4 day trip. 104, high humidity, relentless sun, and very little breeze... but the fish were biting! After I boated 5-6 yellowtail I thought I was going to stroke out. Started dumping bottles of ice cold water over my head, took a few breaks and fished until noon. Only made 15 macks before some 20-25 lb jack crevalle showed up and ate them all. Jigs were the ticket after the macks were gone.

Day 2 was perfect compared to day 1. Still hot and humid, but cloud cover and a decent breeze. I was using a Tady 4/0 in white and mack green... it got ate up. Paint chipped like a mofo, but they were still slamming it. Landed 7 more YT and some other fish... cabrilla, bonito, cuda, grouper...

Day 3 we found some YT real close and they were hungry! But the wind kicked up fast and furious and all of a sudden we were surrounded by white caps and 5-6 foot swells... headed back early, but only 2 short of boat limits for the YT. Got a nice fat grouper, too.

Day 4 we went back to the same spot as Day 3 and picked up where we left off... and the wind came again. Found a sheltered spot to keep fishing and limited... then saw a whale shark and filmed it on the way in. Maybe 4-500 yds from the ramp the shark was feeding. Great trip... I will be doing it again.

Low N Slow

Senior Chief
Sep 4, 2016
Temecula
Name
Shawn
Boat
Sold - so I make a great ho now
Oh... I think it was Day 2... guy in a boat near us was hooking up just about every drop. My friend asked him what he was using and a few minutes later the guy gets close and throws the jig to my buddy. He boated 13 YT on Day 4 with that jig. Shout out to that guy... THANK YOU, KIND SIR!