Pescador Paul

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
Assuming covid-19 allows, I am considering a fall trip to Bahia de los Angeles to fish from my kayak. I am looking at an early October trip. Any information that could be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Should I stay at the Villa Vita? At this stage of my life I enjoy a shower, bed and AC after fishing.

What can I expect to catch from the yak in early October? Keep in mind that I am an old man and cannot paddle long distances. I will likely stay within a few hundred yards of where I launch.

Thanks,

Paul

Reactions: anemic
Upvote 0

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
Lots of different fish available at that time of year.

Reactions: Dogman619
Upvote 0

Fish Sniper

Jun 13, 2012
San Dimas,Ca. USA
Name
Marco Rojas
Boat
PAJARO
Assuming covid-19 allows, I am considering a fall trip to Bahia de los Angeles to fish from my kayak. I am looking at an early October trip. Any information that could be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Should I stay at the Villa Vita? At this stage of my life I enjoy a shower, bed and AC after fishing.

What can I expect to catch from the yak in early October? Keep in mind that I am an old man and cannot paddle long distances. I will likely stay within a few hundred yards of where I launch.

Thanks,

Paul
[/QUOT
Gets very windy at times, don't chance it, head home or find a cove, sometimes the winds will persists for days. Stay safe and enjoy the fishing. Carry extra water.

Upvote 0

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
We usually stay at the Villa Vita my wife and daughter need a pool while I'm out fishing

Upvote 0

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
Weather and wind can change FAST there, carry a few extra items on board in case you have to over-night on one of the islands. More than a few have paddled out in AM glassy conditions and never returned when a westerly suddenly reared its ugly head. LA bay is kinda the "Bermuda Triangle" for kayakers .......so to speak.

Upvote 0

Second Row

You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
Aug 8, 2008
Newport
Name
Scott
Boat
21' Grady White - Rusty Hook
My advise.. bring a tent & sleeping bag & cooler.. see what the weather has in store for you & enjoy.. maybe a fisherman will tow you down the coast and you can work your way back, love MX! Found a hungry grouper one time

041.JPG

Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
Yellows on the surface between Smith and la Gringa (AWESOME). Lots of spotties, cabrilla, triggers etc. Weather can be great or a disaster. That is a transition month and the winds from the west can come up in an instance. ( I saw a toyota with a high camper get pushed over on its side because of the winds that time of year.. Sounded like a hurricane coming down the canyon!) Back in the late eighties or early nineties, a whole group of kayakers died when the 60mph winds come up suddenly as they headed to Smith island. Please take these wind warnings starting in Oct seriously. A wind ap might save your life. Did not mean to be a downer but that is the first thing that popped in my mind regarding Kayaks in Oct/LA Bay.

Upvote 0

Pescador Paul

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
Thanks to all for your comments. I have heard stories of LA Bay's winds and will stay very close to the beach!

Paul

Upvote 0