Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Pedro with Cangrejos Sportfishing. He is on Instagram. I know his season was getting full.

Upvote 0

Fish Sniper

Jun 13, 2012
San Dimas,Ca. USA
Name
Marco Rojas
Boat
PAJARO
Looking for a Captain recommendation for Bay of LA. Heading down some time in May. Thanks!

When you get there you can go around and ask for Rafael Cuevas (aka Rafa), been fishing with him since '84 and been satisfied with his services, he lives in the last house on the hill back of the cemetery. Every one knows him, and he's one of the best and economical. Call casa Dias in the AM they will give him a call at what time you will call him back. when you call back say after 6pm he will be there waiting for your call. Have a Pacifico for me. His panga names are Becky and Isabel.

Good luck and enjoy the trip

Marco...S/F

Upvote 0

Crzyboy180

Border Dad
Jun 1, 2004
Chula Vista
www.geocities.com
Name
Joe
Boat
18ft Klamath -sold
I agree with these..
It usually depends on what group i go with, as to who i call first.
If i go with my parents they like Alfredo Diaz, he has the cleanest boat in town and is my parents age.
If its my American- English crew they like Igor, he speaks perfect english and knows that water well.
My current crew with my younger cousins and 16yo son, they Like Fernando Guillen, fluent spanish, good with the kids and was Igor apprentice, so he also knows the water well.
Guillermos has a big boat, but I have no clue who is driving it.

Upvote 0

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
Nov 7, 2005
La Costa
Name
Chuck G
Boat
8' sabot #69
Rafa is great. Also have fished with him since the 80's. His pangas are named after his wife and daughter I believe.

Reactions: dweston
Upvote 0

muymacho74

Surface Iron or bust!!
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
Pedro with Cangrejos Sportfishing. He is on Instagram. I know his season was getting full.
X2 on Pedro at Cangrejos’s Sportfishing. Great person, great Captain on a great 30 foot panga

Upvote 0