Bahia Asuncion Community Web Site

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by fishinggirl, Sep 8, 2010.

1. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    delete

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Surfdoc

Surfdoc The finger in the Dyke!

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    LOL...........Just checked out the fishing section. So good to see old friends on there!!!

Have it bookmarked, and hope your endevours pay off for everyone involved!!

Can't wait to head back south!

3. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    Thanks---the Community has been wanting this to come together for a long time. We are all new at this, but we hope to keep improving the site. And most importantly, the Community hopes this page will expand the awareness of all that is available in Bahia Asuncion.

We really look forward to the history section as it should be a very interesting oral history project---the family stories are great. OK, that part may not be of as much interest to the fishermen, but heck, the founding of the village was all about fishing----imagine, 8 tons of abalone taken out in a very short time! Good thing they are protecting it better these days.

4. robertebaker

robertebaker BOILERMAKER.

Name:
    Bob Baker
    Boat:
    No
    I'm coming to Asuncion in early October for my first time. I would like information about the hotel and fishing. I'm looking forward to reading the history of the community.
    Thankyou.

5. Surfdoc

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    Robert your gonna be stoked. Beautiful live town that is still the true Baja that I learned to love.

Be ready for YT ... should be some nice action then.

Keep at it Diane.... see ya back down south!

6. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    Hi Robert----Bahia Asuncion is a really special place---OK, I am biased as we live there much of the time. But you will find very friendly people and great fishing!

The Hotel Verduzco on the main street is a basic Baja hotel run by REALLY great people---they have become good friends. The Hotel is owned by Armando Veduzco and run mostly by one of his brothers, Victor Verduzco. Victor is the first fishing guide listed on the site.

Here is the e-mail and phone. Victor speaks more English than the others, but what I do is write a simple e-mail, use google to translate and try to fix the translate, and then send the e-mail in both Spanish and English. One of the nephews speaks English quite well. Hard to read with the underline, but after avg is a bottom dash_.

[email protected] Phone:615-160-0004

They will put together a total package for you. One of the sisters, Yoli has a small cafe there----they are building a bigger one across the street. And as you can see on the new site, there are a number of good places to eat.

If you e-mail them, please mention the new website and drop our names---John and Diane Trotter. If you need any assistance, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help. We are in the states right now, but will be heading down ---back to our real home----real soon. Hope to see you there. Everyone knows where our house is.

Thank You
    Diana----I used to be Diane :-)

PS----I have a son who is a loan broker up in your area---good thing business is picking up again!

7. PescadorJim

PescadorJim Newbie

Name:
    Jim Anderson
    Boat:
    21.5 Triumph / Moosea
    Diane, you are to be seriously commended for taking the time and effort to develop this very well thought out website. Since you are not in business there, it is obvious that you are doing this to help the people of the village in their endeavors. We loved getting a chance to meet you and John and we had a wonderful week there, great fishing from shore, excellent food everywhere we went, and were overcome by the attitude and friendliness of everyone we ran into. When we left on Sunday morning it was 72 degrees at 10:30 in the morning and when we got back to San Bruno it was 99, so it was a couple of days to readjust to the heat.
    You are a very welcome addition to the community and this website just confirms that commitment to help everyone. I have been involved in a similar project and know the time and energy that has gone into this "Labor of Love"

8. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    Jim
    You are far too kind --- thanks. John and I really are having a great time with this project even with all the frustrations and the slow connection we have there. I know the computer techs at the hosting site are now running from the room screaming when they see my name pop up on live chat. :-)

But spending so much time and working together with all our friends there is always a lot of fun---the people of Asuncion are the BEST.

We really enjoyed meeting you and spending some time together. We look very forward to seeing you again on the wonderfully cool side of Baja.

To others on this board, when we are in town, we always enjoy a visit and we are always available to assist where we can. And while someday in the future we may have a business in Asuncion, as Jim said, we do not have one now so all we gain from this is new friendships, and a chance to assist our current friends.

Again, thanks Jim for the kind words.

Diana and John
    [email protected]

9. robertebaker

robertebaker BOILERMAKER.

Name:
    Bob Baker
    Boat:
    No
    Diana,
    Thankyou for your detailed response. And thanks to Stan for his input. I am getting more excited about coming down every day. I should get there about October 3rd and I'll look forward to meeting you then. I'll be coming with Juan Cook from San Quintin.
    Bob

10. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    We hope to be back by then! Also, just for information, that road from Vizcaino to the turn off to Bahia Asuncion has been the pits with pot holes that swallow small vehicles---but, the GREAT news is that we just drove out and they are filling the holes like crazy. And the governor has promised to get it fixed properly soon! Also, the pavement on the last of the dirt road into town should be completed VERY soon.

While for very selfish reasons, we would prefer that it all remained dirt road, the improvements will really benefit the locals.

See ya in Bahia Asuncion and please ask if there are any questions about the area

John and Diana

11. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    delete

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  12. mfrancis

mfrancis MF

I'll be down for the week of Thanksgiving with my family and friends, about 15 people. We are so looking forward to it and a possible new place for our Thanksgiving vacation tradition.

Thanks for the web site, it helped my wife is get excited about the trip.

13. Bill Erhardt

Bill Erhardt Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Bill Erhardt
    Boat:
    Bluewater 23T "Soledad"
    Diane.....Is there any place in Asuncion to launch a trailer boat that is protected from the surf?

14. rdrrm8e

rdrrm8e Fucking Stan

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    No
    Dianna

How far North is Santa Rosalillita?

I'll be there Oct. 9 - 15. I might take a day trip to Asuncion if it's doable.

Thanks

15. Surfdoc

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC

Hey Chuckles.... Santa Rosalillta or Alejandro's as we called it is about 3 hours from BA.

Easily done for an overnight trip. WTH are you doing that far into Baja ??

16. zenspearo

zenspearo Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    catamaran
    Bill,

The ramp by Kalico Locos (Manuel Arce runs a fishing charter operation right on top of it) would be a good launch. But it's primitive and it will be worth it for you to talk to Manuel to hire him or his wife to launch and retrieve for you. I believe they are featured in the book Trailer Boating Guide to Baja.

Diane: Serious Kudos for making this resource available. We like choices and information. This makes the town that much more attractive to fishermen. Thnx again.

17. rdrrm8e

rdrrm8e Fucking Stan

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    No
    Pescando, mijo.

Llevando Sabado y retorno proxima Sabado.

Dos hombres y una traile y 16' launcha. Nosotros son campianda en la playa.

18. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    Bill,
    There are three places that are used for launching---two on the bay side of the point and one small bay on the ocean side. Probably the most protected in the one on the bay side across from the California Fishing Coop---it is the one they use.

It is usually rather calm, unless there is lots of wind or a big swell. It certainly is not completely without some surf. That is also the launching place that the owners of the San Ignacio B & B use with their rather large Robalo Boat.

Here is a picture of that lauching area with one of the guides with Kalicos pulling up his boat and two pictures of our local Marines launching their HUGH panga early in the morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not always the easiest of launches, but there are usually people around to help. Do watch the rocks out around there. Hope the pix help.

Mfrancis, we hope you will visit all the people you see on the webpage---this town has the friendliest people around.

19. fishinggirl

fishinggirl Newbie

Name:
    None
    I was typing as you were posting! Thanks. There is a lot more work to do on the Web site, but it is coming along. Soon there will be more Spanish pages also.

And, that is Manuel in the picture I posted, and another longtime guide should be getting the last of his permits soon and will be added to the site.

Good news regarding the road from Vizcaino to the turn-off to Bahia Asuncion. It was the worst nightmare of MAJOR pots holes and torn-up road, but in the last month, they have repaired all but a few miles. It will still need to be replaced in places, and the repairs were massive---we hope that will happen. But what a difference!

20. Bill Erhardt

Bill Erhardt Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Bill Erhardt
    Boat:
    Bluewater 23T "Soledad"
    Diane, Joe, Thanks.
    Zack does describe the launching possibilities at Asuncion in his book. He summarizes, ".....this is the most challenging launch described in this book."
    It sounds doable for a tin boat, or a smaller glass boat, but not really practical for a bigger, deep-V boat. One of the trade-offs for more comfort outside in the chop.....