Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
This site is full of boat reviews. Someone should do some searches and use this website as a resource and not a bitch fest is all. Yelp has destroyed or helped bussinesses. I dont use it but it is powerful. Coming on here and bitching is not. Ill just stop reading these i guess.

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
Interesting...they ran a 3/4 today for 13 yft and the san diego got 150 yft on the same day...
I was on the Eclipse yesterday for the 13yft. I got one on a popper. We were on a few schools that just wouldn't bite. My first time fishing the Eclipse. Great group of guys. I'd fish it again. I don't think the OP is talking about the Eclipse in this thread.

Hugo Bendo

Hugo Bendo
May 23, 2009
San Marcos
Name
Frank
Boat
unknown
I believe it was a Captain " S " . That used to work on the Eclipse . He told everyone right before collecting tabs. That $100.00 dollars should be the minimum tip. Man I wish I was on that trip. And he called me into the wheelhouse. I might have forgotten about maritime law on this one. However I would have just " Slapped " him. Not worth a closed fist ! He is a REAL piece of work ! I mean a real piece of SHIT !

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I believe he finally said it was the commander. The confusion is he said before that it was the old cat special which is the eclipse.

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
After going on a few longer trips on some of the bigger boats where they cook really good food beyond the greasy breakfast burritos and burgers...I've just started packing my own lunch on some of these overnighters , with maybe a few good beers. When i was on a 6 day in june...beers and soda were only $1.50...just .50 more than when i started doing longer 5-10 day trips about 10 years ago. Then there are the boats that do the shorter 1-3 day trips, that have the $50 per day mandatory meal plan..then charge $3-4 per beer, sometimes $2-3 for water and soda. At the end of the trip, with all the little ticky tack shit added on and higher prices in the galley, you've probably spent the same amount of $ per day as 1 one of the bigger and better boats with air-conditioned staterooms, multiple heads and showers, top notch chefs cooking really quality chow 3 times a day not to mention snacks, and the chance to fish with a seasoned, professional crew that has met the high standards that the owners and the captain of the top vessels in the fleet demand. Not knocking any of the smaller boats...they need to operate on a different model to survive..but if i can, I'll fish one of the bigger boats that don't gouge on stuff like beer,soda, and water because the last thing i want to do is think about that shit while im fishing. Id rather pay it up front and be more comfortable in every way during my trip.

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I have owned several boats over the last 30 years. I still think its bogus to call someone to the wheel house and tell them they didnt tip enough. If tipping is mandatory just put it in the price of the ticket.
I'd tend to agree as it shifts the burden of pay from the owner to the customers.

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
$60 tip on a $200-$225 1-day fare? Do you get a Blow Job with that?
Piss check that skipper he's on something!
30 percent tip....gmafb

Hell, why don't I just rent the whole boat out and not show up.

polevaults

Jun 4, 2012
Long Beach, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Tim Werner
Boat
Carolina Classic 25 & Mako 201
I'm a teacher that has to save $$ to fish. My last trip was a 3/4 day trip I got 4 YFT, had breakfast, lunch and water. The captain and crew on the Princess Queen were great. On top of the cost I could only tip $20. I still got a big sincere thank you. That adds up to a big chunk of change for me. I did save up and made reservations for the Princess Queen for an overnighter this Wednesday. Had a great time on the Condor a couple of times this summer too.

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I don't tip.

I flat out do not tip.

Never have, never will.

hate me all you want.