Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
These post are getting old. Use yelp or speak with your feet.

trunk777

Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
If the wheelhouse episode happened the way you describe then I totally agree with Bill.

I do get the Captains decision. Downhill ride home, all that good area off Carlsbad, across the 312 and 209 with new fish just moving in and comitting time in the most recent productive area. Believe it or not that was a pretty decent course for that day.
joe im fine with fishing an area but he said we were going to look south east than continued to pound an area that was not productive after he said this area was not productive did i mention that when i was brought to the wheelhouse i told him i was next too a guy on a tuna and watch his deckhand cut the guys line on the five that were caught and his response was that he is an inexperence deck hand the guy that was on the fish almost beat his ass.

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy

Disagree brother...

As a fisherman, I don't rely on yelp for anything that has to deal with fishing, be it tackle, party boats, over nigher, 1-3 day, or long range boats, or anything else that may be associated with fishing...

Reason #1:

Many people who do a Yelp review are often the first time, or once or twice a year fisher person, so they don't understand how involved it may be to find fish, or why a boat simply dropped on a rock a few miles from the dock...

Reason#2:
See reason number one.

I do agree, speak with your feet, but if you don't say anything, shit never improves.

If you come to a fishing website, and give a fair, and honest review of the good and bad, I think you are doing a huge favor for fellow fisher people, as well as the boat, and landing. The landings and captains read these posts...they may not always reply, but they read them. And this is where many regular fisher people come also. JMO.

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
You have a boat, most can't afford a boat so for those people, this might be helpful...

Reactions: Blackfish

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
joe im fine with fishing an area but he said we were going to look south east than continued to pound an area that was not productive after he said this area was not productive did i mention that when i was brought to the wheelhouse i told him i was next too a guy on a tuna and watch his deckhand cut the guys line on the five that were caught and his response was that he is an inexperence deck hand the guy that was on the fish almost beat his ass.
No excuses for any of that BS. You need to call the landing asap and tell them you were "brought" to the wheelhouse and why. That is about the lowest thing I've ever heard happen on a cattleboat.

BTW...am I the only one who thinks my Bigfoot vid is funny? My wife thinks I should seek out professional help. LOL

trunk777

Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
No excuses for any of that BS. You need to call the landing asap and tell them you were "brought" to the wheelhouse and why. That is about the lowest thing I've ever heard happen on a cattleboat.

BTW...am I the only one who thinks my Bigfoot vid is funny? My wife thinks I should seek out professional help. LOL
i think it funny. if i remember your quote was live right to fish the next bite.all im saying is too treat the customer right so he will come back to get that next bite

Reactions: 26grumpy

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
This thread us getting fun!

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
The boat was in the right area, fucking passengers didn't know how to fish.

Reactions: NO4NMTL

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
The boat was in the right area, fucking passengers didn't know how to fish.
Fuck the Beiber....we need a stir the pot icon!!! :rofl:

Schleppin' around the house too huh Steve? :D

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Fuck the Beiber....we need a stir the pot icon!!! :rofl:

Schleppin' around the house too huh Steve? :D
Up and down boat ladder before, during and after football game. Fishing tomorrow.

I love cattle boat passengers who think the grass is greener on some other spot. It's a big ocean out there. Fish have tails and surprisingly, they move.

Last edited:

OTHGV

Jun 7, 2011
Fresyes, ca
Name
Bill
Boat
Whale Watcher boat ho!
You all are genius! What boat didn't catch?

DANGEROUS DAN

Kromag
Aug 10, 2007
morongo valley
Name
DAN C.
Boat
depends on $$$ I got's, Indy,Shogun, Pac Voyager ,Big Game 90
Disagree brother...

As a fisherman, I don't rely on yelp for anything that has to deal with fishing, be it tackle, party boats, over nigher, 1-3 day, or long range boats, or anything else that may be associated with fishing...

Reason #1:

Many people who do a Yelp review are often the first time, or once or twice a year fisher person, so they don't understand how involved it may be to find fish, or why a boat simply dropped on a rock a few miles from the dock...

Reason#2:
See reason number one.

I do agree, speak with your feet, but if you don't say anything, shit never improves.

If you come to a fishing website, and give a fair, and honest review of the good and bad, I think you are doing a huge favor for fellow fisher people, as well as the boat, and landing. The landings and captains read these posts...they may not always reply, but they read them. And this is where many regular fisher people come also. JMO.
We'll said . I agree . I had a similar trip Thursday / Friday 1.5 day. Emailed their web.sight a rather long detailed insight into their operation n waiting for a response before I post anything else. I wish I could have found out better info on BD about the boat because , I looked for a week all over BD ! The I did find was was the opposite of help !...... UNLESS OF COURSE U HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A O.P. TUNA BOAT before this boat would be a great start fer ye ! Then when u get on a good boat you'll know it. Only up from there . Dan C.

Reactions: skipjackrobert

NO4NMTL

Feb 27, 2008
Orange County
Name
Buddy
Boat
205 Conquest
yes i did ask him to run the boat.lol driving back and forth to the same 10 padddies and expecting a defferent result is the definition of insanity.yes the commander.bieber thats funny
i have fished many boats and worked on a few.never had such a bad time on a SD boat than yesterday.the fishing was not good yesterday but driving around basically the 277 area from 7 till 2 is not a good choice in my opinion.4$ beers and 7$ breakfast burritos did not help.i understand that the owners need too pay for all the renovations but that is going over board.and too top it all off when i did not tip what the captain told everyone on the boat too tip the crew he called me to the wheel house to ask me why i would tip so little.when i told him why he did not want to hear it.when passangers asked me why he called me to the wheel house i expained why and they all said they would never fish that boat again....niether will i not going to name it but its the newest old boat at fishermans landing im sure you can figure it out.
I cant believe that as a grown man you let the captain call you into the cabin and give you a lecture, I don't give a flying FK if its a BS maritime law or not there's no way i'm taking a verbal beating from anyone on any boat
what the FK is this high school and your getting called into the front office for not doing your home work.

trunk777

Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
This thread us getting fun!
on th
I cant believe that as a grown man you let the captain call you into the cabin and give you a lecture, I don't give a flying FK if its a BS maritime law or not there's no way i'm taking a verbal beating from anyone on any boat
what the FK is this high school and your getting called into the front office for not doing your home work.
did not know this was going to happen and was shell shocked when it did

Status
Not open for further replies.