Not open for further replies.

clintonstick

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
i have fished many boats and worked on a few.never had such a bad time on a SD boat than yesterday.the fishing was not good yesterday but driving around basically the 277 area from 7 till 2 is not a good choice in my opinion.4$ beers and 7$ breakfast burritos did not help.i understand that the owners need too pay for all the renovations but that is going over board.and too top it all off when i did not tip what the captain told everyone on the boat too tip the crew he called me to the wheel house to ask me why i would tip so little.when i told him why he did not want to hear it.when passangers asked me why he called me to the wheel house i expained why and they all said they would never fish that boat again....niether will i not going to name it but its the newest old boat at fishermans landing im sure you can figure it out.
Alright i agree $4 beers bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: skipjackrobert

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
The only thing

about this post is the Captain telling people how much they should tip. Then calling you to the wheel house. Thats complete BS. Name the boat and the Captain so I can warn my friends.

Driving around for hours, and pricey drinks...well that stuff comes with public boats. But i am on your side when it comes to the tip BS.

SHit, does that equal up to Dave Hansens 50% suggestion LOL

aquasport18

aquasport18
Jul 30, 2012
san diego ca 92117
Name
the brusier
Boat
21 ft stealh vip cc.
Hey bros if someone has a bad experiance , on a trip that they payed for . and feel they were not given a fighting chance to catch fish .m hell man they can say anything they want about the way they were treated . its a free country freedom of speech remember , this person really felt he wasnt given a fair chance to hookup. Now if the rest of the fleet was decking fish and the area was in reach and the boat did not make an effort to go to that zone . well something wrong there . and yes bout after 30 days back to back trips with crew and tickets busting ass . there will b some slack days . let people speak there peace man . dont let one slow or bad experience keep u from getting out there maybe on a different boat . we all have had bad trips . but no matter how a trip ended up please give the crew a little something . they are human they get burnt out . I have been in both shoes working and a paying customer on sport boats since i was a decky on the speed twin . with mel shears islandia . .70s . dont let 1 bad trip get ya brother . remember fishing is fun thats why we do it roger. luv an fishes to all and bless this season it was way over due .

Sgtsilbaugh

"Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"
Apr 14, 2014
Brea
Name
Kevin
Boat
qajaq
Alright i agree $4 beers bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$4 Beer is pretty reasonable since most clubs charge $7-10 on average. But I'd be pissed if the captain couldn't find fish, shitty attitudes from the crew, given shit for using a swivel, then interrogated over the tip. $4 beer and $7 burrito wouldn't bother me in the least. Just IMO.

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
$4 Beer is pretty reasonable since most clubs charge $7-10 on average. But I'd be pissed if the captain couldn't find fish, shitty attitudes from the crew, given shit for using a swivel, then interrogated over the tip. $4 beer and $7 burrito wouldn't bother me in the least. Just IMO.
Good excuse for not clubbing it anymore.

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
At least you had beer, i was on a boat one time when everybody was pounding Coors lights and the cook would only put 12 hot ones in the cooler at a time so we never had cold beer the whole trip That's something to bitch about !

hotrail20

COW HUNTERS
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Yours
Trunk777 its called Fishing not catching, and the 277 has been getting hamered just like the 209, Go buy a boat of your own and see what it costs in fuel everyday you go out much more than you pay for a Party boat try the area 4 mi SE off Cat lots of fish to be had.

Reactions: Saluki

trunk777

Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
Hey bros if someone has a bad experiance , on a trip that they payed for . and feel they were not given a fighting chance to catch fish .m hell man they can say anything they want about the way they were treated . its a free country freedom of speech remember , this person really felt he wasnt given a fair chance to hookup. Now if the rest of the fleet was decking fish and the area was in reach and the boat did not make an effort to go to that zone . well something wrong there . and yes bout after 30 days back to back trips with crew and tickets busting ass . there will b some slack days . let people speak there peace man . dont let one slow or bad experience keep u from getting out there maybe on a different boat . we all have had bad trips . but no matter how a trip ended up please give the crew a little something . they are human they get burnt out . I have been in both shoes working and a paying customer on sport boats since i was a decky on the speed twin . with mel shears islandia . .70s . dont let 1 bad trip get ya brother . remember fishing is fun thats why we do it roger. luv an fishes to all and bless this season it was way over due .
not 30 days back to back this was the boats fourth trip this year

Last edited:

ckster

Oct 8, 2009
SD
Name
Chris
Boat
F/V Rubber Ducky
Interesting...they ran a 3/4 today for 13 yft and the san diego got 150 yft on the same day...

Reactions: HeavyDrag

trunk777

Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
Trunk777 its called Fishing not catching, and the 277 has been getting hamered just like the 209, Go buy a boat of your own and see what it costs in fuel everyday you go out much more than you pay for a Party boat try the area 4 mi SE off Cat lots of fish to be had.
i understand the cost.and my point exactaly why fish an area like that and keep going back to it i guess just a bad choice of boats on my part next time ill stick to the boats i normally fish but that is the only one that had spots i know why now

Reactions: skipjackrobert

calisnowhunter

Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
The fishing and food prices are what they are. Skunks happen and you have to deal with it.

Now the attitudes and the capt calling you out? Fuck that tell that idiot to pound sand. To many crews are expecting tips now no matter how they treat people that's why I only go on certain boats because I know the crew will treat people right. What did you tell the capt? That's bullshit him telling you to tip $60 I would have told him to kiss my ass and learn to treat his customers right next time.

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
I have had captains tell me what the tip is prior to boarding the boat! Lmao

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
In fact, I had 1 3 weeks ago ask for tip and fish cleaning on the frontside on a six pack....lol. We caught no fish and headed in early....geez...

Reactions: ckster

devodave

keeping the kid hooked up
Aug 27, 2009
San Marcos
Name
"Old School"
Boat
Really old but solid 25' SeaRay Flybridge
The day beers on sport boats cost the same as a downtown SD nightclub is when I quit going out! Just saying to the guy who is ok with $4 beers as compared to nightclubs. I remember when they were $1 each. I have no problems paying a few bucks for a beer on a party boat....

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
The fishing and food prices are what they are. Skunks happen and you have to deal with it.

Now the attitudes and the capt calling you out? Fuck that tell that idiot to pound sand. To many crews are expecting tips now no matter how they treat people that's why I only go on certain boats because I know the crew will treat people right. What did you tell the capt? That's bullshit him telling you to tip $60 I would have told him to kiss my ass and learn to treat his customers right next time.
If the wheelhouse episode happened the way you describe then I totally agree with Bill.

I do get the Captains decision. Downhill ride home, all that good area off Carlsbad, across the 312 and 209 with new fish just moving in and comitting time in the most recent productive area. Believe it or not that was a pretty decent course for that day.

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat

100 percent on point! Let me treat you like shit, then u tip me! I don't gaf how good the fishing is, I won't fish with captains and crews like that. Yet people will take that type of treatment, and continue to come back for more. Wt ----? And they defend the behaivor? Sounds like an abused spouse! Lmao

Reactions: calisnowhunter

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Certain boats are always good, even when they are tired and overworked! They are what we call professional and customer driven! They get it!

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
The san diego got 150 yft that day. And they got 15 yft. I think i know the name of the boat

Status
Not open for further replies.