trunk777

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
i have fished many boats and worked on a few.never had such a bad time on a SD boat than yesterday.the fishing was not good yesterday but driving around basically the 277 area from 7 till 2 is not a good choice in my opinion.4$ beers and 7$ breakfast burritos did not help.i understand that the owners need too pay for all the renovations but that is going over board.and too top it all off when i did not tip what the captain told everyone on the boat too tip the crew he called me to the wheel house to ask me why i would tip so little.when i told him why he did not want to hear it.when passangers asked me why he called me to the wheel house i expained why and they all said they would never fish that boat again....niether will i not going to name it but its the newest old boat at fishermans landing im sure you can figure it out.

Last edited:

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
I'd say the Daily Double went the extra miles to try and get you guys fish.

Reactions: Saluki

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I assume it was the commander. What is the point of leaving a bad review if you are not going to name the boat.

Reactions: NO4NMTL and plj46

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
4$ beers and 7$ breakfast has been the norm for different boats I've fished.

I think any boat can have a shitty day with shitty attitudes. Just chalk it up to experience.

I've been on boats that suck, poor attitude from crew and Cap but I don't post about it. I just don't ride that boat again.

Plus some folks go on trips with crappy everything, but are hooked up on fish all day ,which in turn makes up for shitty everything else .

Whatever ....

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
4$ beers and 7$ breakfast has been the norm for different boats I've fished.

I think any boat can have a shitty day with shitty attitudes. Just chalk it up to experience.

I've been on boats that suck, poor attitude from crew and Cap but I don't post about it. I just don't ride that boat again.

Plus some folks go on trips with crappy everything, but are hooked up on fish all day ,which in turn makes up for shitty everything else .

Whatever ....
I'm ok with everything but SHITTY attitudes.

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Did you ask if you could run the boat since you knew where the fish were?

I fished MY boat yesterday for just a handful of fish and it cost me a lot more money to not catch fish where I wanted to fish. Weather sucked worse than your report.

Tips are earned, but not tipping because you don't like where the captain fished is ridiculous.

trunk777

Jul 24, 2006
yorba linda
Name
mike
Boat
yours
yes i did ask him to run the boat.lol driving back and forth to the same 10 padddies and expecting a defferent result is the definition of insanity.yes the commander.bieber thats funny

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Sometimes it takes a while to get YF to light. Sometimes hours of a chumline.

polfishski

Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
Sounds like you had a bad day. Least you didn't have to clean the boat and flush the motor after your bad day of fishing. Thanks for sharing.

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Sounds like another post of the Commander / Eclipse Captain talking out of his ass & talking down to & attempt to belittle another customer...
Yes the $4 beers & $7 burrito should NOT have any impact on what you tip the crew & these guys work their asses off & long hours...
Seen many posts lately & too many other boats & choices, ill steer clear of either boat...

We're you fishing a swivel?
Trust him, he has a point...
Its a long story that makes the capt look like an ass, post has been deleted by mods most likely...

Last edited:
Reactions: ZHALVAJE and ckster

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan

ckster