MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
I just looked at the Ho List, but the last post was a couple years old. If there is a better place for this, please let me know.

That said, I am looking for a backup deckhand/ho or two, primarily for multi-day offshore fishing, but a few get-acquainted day trips would be good. Looking for some combination of 1) fishing experience, 2) offshore boating experience, 3) good attitude, 4) ability to contribute to costs/minimal compensation. Please PM if interested.

Reactions: MoMo Fish
Upvote 0

DHSDave

Jan 17, 2007
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Grady-White 232 Gulfstream
Hey Rick,

I am also interested. 11 years of offshore fishing experience. Own/maintain 20ft Grady. Good attitude and can get along with just about anyone.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Where?

Upvote 0

OIF VET

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2010
    North OC
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    nope
    Rick,
    I am interested. Many years private boater. Offshore lots of hours at the helm, good deck,cleaner etc.
    Hey Rick
    Gary is a good guy and has knowledge for sure. I grew up around the corner from them in yorba Linda. Chris his son is also a good guy.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Thanks for all the replies. I got some real good responses and will be in touch when I start to plan something. A couple people asked about my boat, but I will respond here since I haven't masted the group PM thing. It was semi-custom built for me, and outfitted as mini long-range sportfisher. Tremendous range (carries 2300 gallons and averages 1 to 1 or perhaps a little better), lots of electronics, including Furuno scanning sonar. Big cockpit and easy walk-around to big bow. Bait capacity is limited relative to the boat, but about 700 gallons total capacity. 600 pound per day saltwater ice maker. Two 600 gallon per day water makers. Two gensets and two of most everything else that is important. We tend to try to make nice meals, so we BBQ a lot, and also have a beni-hana table as well as a Viking range and full-size oven. HD TV (satellite) and air conditioned (4-zone) so we are reasonably comfortable. 7 is the ideal number for a trip. Depending on conditions, crew experience, etc., we usually have two on watch on staggered 2-hour shifts from 8pm to 6 am. I am sure there is lots of important stuff I am forgetting, so please ask any questions. -Rick

Upvote 0

squidroe

Almost A Member
    Dec 19, 2005
    Redondo Beach
    Name
    Gregg
    Boat
    uno mas
    Now I understand!! Your looking for friends that will kiss your ass to take them fishing. Scary but this explains everything.

Good luck looking for friend and better luck on keeping them!

Upvote 0

reeldQuick

why the rum gone
    Apr 30, 2010
    Orange County
    Name
    joshua poeske
    Boat
    open party fleet/deckhand some privates
    I'm ready to go bro hard working strapping young lad. Ready too work and make your trip not so much work but what you want it to be.9492350335 or better 7147468271

Upvote 0

divedemo

Divedemo
    Jun 21, 2003
    Casa de Oro
    Visit site
    Name
    Bernie
    Boat
    None
    Hello Rick- I have owned three boats, 209 Grady, 26 Shamrock, 31 Bertram. 28 years in the Navy doing EOD work. Many years of fishing on my boats as well as long range. Can work on Diesels and outboards. Competent coxswain. Retired and can usually leave on short notice if someone cancels on you at the last moment. Live in San Diego. I can clean, Cook, and will not be the first one throw my line out. I can gaff a fish. I think it is more important to focus on the fish you have on the line rather than the next one. I only keep the fish I will eat. I do not drink or do drugs. I have a great attitude and am positive person. I will respect you and your boat. And help out with expenses.
    Hope to hear from you- Bernie 619.251.9584

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    4) ability to contribute to costs/minimal compensation. Please PM if interested.

I think some of you are misreading his post and thinking it's a job offer.

Read the above..... among other things, he is looking for someone with the ability to contribute to costs.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
    la
    Name
    Lee
    Boat
    goldfish
    That is a misleading post. Why he said looking for a deck hand at the end I have to pay you for a hand job.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Some of the guys I fish with really don't like to do any work so in those cases we chip in for paid crew (deckhands) and although I am looking for backup for that, I would also like to get some new/backup guys that want to fish rather than deckhand. Sorry for any confusion. I got lots of good responses and will be in touch with everybody (almost anyway). Thanks guys.

Upvote 0