Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
My wife ordered me a VISXS 16 for Christmas and I haven't heard anything about it yet. Any idea how long it'll take to catch up with the back orders?

Upvote 0

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
Me too, I have a 50VISXS on order, end of January is the estimate I was given

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
Bought a VISX16 in october from PO, and haven't received it. I talked to them today and they said end of Jan. Good news is I'm next in line.... or so they say
Mine was ordered through them also. Are they still doing free line fills?

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Lake -
We should be back in stock on the 16VISXS by the end of January. Depending on where your order lays in there is could come slightly before or after. Account for a little extra transit time if you ordered through a dealer.
Ben
Would You please post when they the full line of VISXS becomes available without back order status, please...

Upvote 0

r8rs4lf

Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
Silver 30 and 50 at Sav On as of the 11th.

Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Would You please post when they the full line of VISXS becomes available without back order status, please...

With 27 different variations in the new VI series, and ongoing high demand, it may be some time before all of them are fully stocked at the same time. If you know the model, size, and color you want, keep an eye here,
http://www.pennfishing.com/penn-reels-conventional-reels-penn-international/
watching for the "add to cart" on the model you want, as opposed to the "notify me". That will mean that all of the wholesale orders for the particular model have been filled. However, some wholesalers [and dealers] only place orders monthly, so they may run out of an available reel in the interim, but won't fill-in the spot for several weeks.

Reactions: gecsr1
Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
I would imagine ordering 6 at once is going to move you to the front of the line. Most places were out of stock on the 12's and 16's, with a few of the others. I picked up the last 20 on Amazon. My 16 was ordered from Pelagic Outfitters- same as a few other guys here. I knew mine would be back ordered when I told my wife what to get me for Christmas and I expect I'll get it within the next month.

Reactions: skotz
Upvote 0

brice

Feb 9, 2006
Santee
Name
brice
Boat
Grady 226
this is getting a little ridiculous. when are reels going to be back in stock on the site? What manufacturing or supply chain issue is causing the delay?

Upvote 0

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
  • Jul 6, 2004
    el cajon
    Name
    chad
    Boat
    26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
    Ordered mine a last Wednesday got it Thursday from bass pro .filled with line at kens on saturday off to pv next Wednesday.

20180201_110407.jpg 20180203_122729.jpg

Reactions: colemans224
    Upvote 0

brice

Feb 9, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    brice
    Boat
    Grady 226
    Lake -
    We should be back in stock on the 16VISXS by the end of January. Depending on where your order lays in there is could come slightly before or after. Account for a little extra transit time if you ordered through a dealer.
    Ben

Penn,

When will we see the 16 silver and 50 silver back in stock?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

ninj

ninj
    Jan 18, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    John White
    Boat
    20' glasstron CC '77 sea fury
    I think the only one we are out of at Dana Landing is the 12VISXS. I'll update tomorrow when I get to work.

Upvote 0