la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
So can't fish for a while longer and decided to pick up my old hobby.
Shooting paper and chit.

I sold all my firearms and reloading junk in in mid 90's. But I've been sidelined for 2 years and looks like it will be ??
Anyway so I finally got in a gun store and bought a plinking rifle and had to order and wait and see on a 19 Glock.
Was do looking forward to picking up the rifle on Monday and got a call telling my application got put on hold. WTF?
I don't have anything that bar's me from gun ownership.
So any experience?
I was kind of pissed.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Anyone read this fourm?

Reactions: One_Leg

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
The state system has been extra slow recently.. they say it's a system issue but it's obviously their way of making sure you don't get a gun
No... a "delay" notice is different than still "pending".... a "delay" does not equal "denied"... he may very well be "approved after delay"... or not...
The last week or two the background checks have been completed within 10 day waiting period generally.

Reactions: One_Leg

JFK

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 3, 2008
Santa Cruz, Ca
Name
James
Boat
14' Livingston skiff
I am awaiting delivery of an O/U shotgun. Was already given the heads up from the shop that the system is backed up due to a huge increase in gun sales. No idea if that’s legit info but by the lack of inventory I’d say there is something to it.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
No... a "delay" notice is different than still "pending".... a "delay" does not equal "denied"... he may very well be "approved after delay"... or not...
The last week or two the background checks have been completed within 10 day waiting period generally.
I didn't they it equals denied but it's their way or denying my rights... But the system is denying me from getting a title 1 since they literally refuse to update the drop down menu

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
I recently purchased another handgun and it was ready to go right at the 10-day mark.

Friend of mine also purchased a handgun, his first firearm. His took over 3 weeks.

I had purchased a handgun last year. Maybe something to do with how recently you've bought a firearm?

Reactions: la vida

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
I just started my Dros on Monday , I was told average Dros time lately is 13 days

last year (November) , I had a Dros delay for about 26 days ..:confused:

Mar 12, 2014
San Diego
Name
Blake
Boat
25' Skipjack FB
If your background check is delayed beyond the 10 days you might want to do Some research or contact one of the gun rights groups. I don’t think they’re allowed to delay beyond the 10 day wait.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
[/QUOTE
Well I really was surprised at all the chit and hoops today. I've heard about them but just didn't pay attention.
And yes its a delay tactic to discouraged ownership.
But it just lite a fire in me.
Our politicians seem to want just t he criminals to be armed.
Still waiting......

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
This has been an education. And all this Ca. compliant bs??

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Well the pistol I ordered came yesterday so today sent in one more Backround check.
Still waiting for the first one?

prolinegd

Jul 3, 2007
corona
Name
patrick
Boat
nada
It's BS.
In Arizona you fax it/ email it in and 10 minutes later you have approval,
and you take your gun home that day.

Reactions: marlyn

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Dros was approved, Turners outdoors just flat out sucks .: Probably done giving Them anymore business .. I have to wait until Monday for appointment..

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Well the pistol I ordered came yesterday so today sent in one more Backround check.
Still waiting for the first one?
Was your prior submittal a handgun? You have to wait 30+ days between new handgun DROS submittals or you will get a 30 day rejection

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Was your prior submittal a handgun? You have to wait 30+ days between new handgun DROS submittals or you will get a 30 day rejection
No Carl I brought a 9mil carbine. Will share mags w/ the pistol. Just getting started. I am really regretting selling all my guns long ago.