Bachelor Party Trip Planning - SD

erichibler

Dec 12, 2018
Concord
Name
Eric
Boat
2019 Allied Dominator 26
I'm looking into booking a trip to take 6 - 10 buddies on an offshore San Diego fishing trip for my bachelor party. Thinking Mid/Late July, Friday to Sunday/Monday. Ideally focus on schoolie yellowfin/bluefin. I'd like to avoid the big party boats of 37 anglers squeezed together. Limited load would be fine. Price range is flexible.
What can you recommend?
Thank you in advance.
Eric

Upvote 0

Mike M

• Feb 2, 2007
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Congratulations on your engagement!

I had my bachelor party in Mammoth in 1992. Six of us stayed 3 nights and hiked each day to fish in streams and a few lakes. Very good memories. Got to spend a lot of quality time with my brother and friends and it didn't break the bank.

Reactions: erichibler
    Upvote 0

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    I'm looking into booking a trip to take 6 - 10 buddies on an offshore San Diego fishing trip for my bachelor party. Thinking Mid/Late July, Friday to Sunday/Monday. Ideally focus on schoolie yellowfin/bluefin. I'd like to avoid the big party boats of 37 anglers squeezed together. Limited load would be fine. Price range is flexible.
    What can you recommend?
    Thank you in advance.
    Eric
    Check out the outrider. Perfect size for your group.

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat
    20 Bertram
    What can you recommend?
    Thank you in advance.
    Eric
    Had one for brother and got blown out. I had no backup plan. Have a back up plan, just sayin....

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    Call in the Russian Chic! But uhh don't take any free candy... And MAKE SURE TO POST PICS!

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    On a serious note... Get a best man to handle all the details!

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    You might want to get a bigger boat and ask some BD members to join in and help lower costs. More boat options around that time of year.
    My bachelor party was a twightlight charter on The Spitfire in 2000.
    Low cost.
    No one had to drive far or get up early.
    Food, drinks, fish and a boat full of friends.
    Still married.

Reactions: Tom123 and kbray001
    Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    Do a sixish pack with your FISHERMAN buddies... On a reely nice yacht... Your Gay and drunk friends wont appreciate it! And will riun the fun of the SEE!

Upvote 0

Salmondave22

May 21, 2020
    Monterey
    Name
    david brown
    Boat
    22ft Boston Whaler
    I think some of the SD overnight fleet have an add on Russian hooker option.....

Well discussed here on BD. Maybe do a search.......

AA62C4F8-0301-4882-99DB-7273BA8F744D.jpeg

• Haha
    Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0

Castlepadre

Almost A Member
    Jan 28, 2020
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Mateo
    Boat
    WorldCat
    If your group is going to drink a ton, I wouldn't recommend it. moderation is cool, but if it is likely to get out of hand stay on land. I had mine on the Holiday years ago and was fun. Other northern landings may be a good call as well in May/June as San Clemente for yellows ,bass is a good option if weather pops up or tuna are MIA. Pescador, Navegante (Redondo) are good options as is the Amigo, Fortune (22nd street).

Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    What can you recommend?
    Thank you in advance.
    Eric

Whatever you decide do not let the guys get lit the night before and have all of them take Bonine or get the patch. If half the guys are sick it wont matter how good the fishing is.

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    When I was a best man... I hired Anal Ring Toss... Expensive but no show like it on earth.
    Also hired the girls from my local dive to bartend... Had $3k worth of fireworks 2 pallets... We did it in Ocotillo wells and everyone had a blast...
    Downside was the Groom crashed his bike on the way to superstition... had a concussion two black eyes and bruises all over... HA HA

Reactions: Arima-bob
    Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    Whatever you decide do not let the guys get lit the night before and have all of them take Bonine or get the patch. If half the guys are sick it wont matter how good the fishing is.
    Or bring a bunch of strippers on board and forget about fishing.

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0