Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I had the boat moored in Port orchard in transient moorage against the breakwater for 10 days while I worked on the trailer.

During that time it looks like barnacles started to take over below the waterline..??? It's a calcium-like buildup in tiny circles and a bitch to scrub off. I've been doing the transom for a few hours.

I have been moored at neah for about the same time without this issue. Is it a South sound known issue?? Are there any tricks to break them loose sans ye old scrub til you can't raise your arms any longer?

Thanks

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Well fuc&

Wrong forum and spell check

I wish the OP could delete and /or change the title Ali and company. If you like us you should make it priority ahead of giving us annoying pop-ups (i.e. Thread tools -delete thread)

Edit: thinking about it now I can hear Benjamin explaining that a fresh coat of wax would be in order prior to the extended moorage. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Well, I don't know if scrubbing immediately after pulling the boat would have helped because I did not do that. I can tell you that after the hull is dry they are a bitch and now I have hours of scrubbing. I have lots of respect for Bob's line of work now

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
That’s fast work for barnacles. No bottom paint I assume? Lots of nasty algae going on right now that fouls up the bottom but my boats been in since the 30th and I don’t see anything but scum buildup.

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I bought some CLR and was going to try a little test spot. I will report back if does anything good, or bad. I doubt it will hurt anything. It must be done before Friday along with the laundry list of other important items including installation of a 6.0 trans cooler in the 7.3. Yes, I procrastinate

Reactions: BugeaterInWa

speyguy

Jun 1, 2008
Bellingham
Name
Tom
Boat
23ft Proline WA
Anything acidic will remove the barnacles. CLR is a weak acid(lactic acid of all things). ON/OFF gel is a mix of phosphoric and oxalic acids and the gel factor keeps it on there working and is stronger. My boat sat in the harbor in Neah for the summer before I got it and after pressure washing off, had to use full strength muriatic to burn the barnacle feet off the gelcoat. Acid won't hurt the gelcoat, but will burn your trailer/metal, so be careful with that. Good luck

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I will admit the CLR did the trick for my needs. I did squirt it down twice followed by a fresh water rinse of the AL trailer after each application. Even cut through some rust spots on the transom. Now to give her belly a nice massage tomorrow