Aztec sport fishing

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by flyfishair, Aug 27, 2013.

1. zman91

zman91 Member

Name:
    Some guy
    Boat:
    yak
    Why dont you have Mikey show up at one of your depostions and critique how you do your job, because that is what you are doing to him. Believe me nobody on the boat wanted to kill fish more then Mikey and one bite in 5 minutes certainly doesnt justify waiting it out. All it takes is one sweep of the sonar or a flash on a single jumper or whatever to turn a shit day into an epic day of fishing and that is why skippers dont like to sit around

2. mrmonty32

mrmonty32 Newbie

Name:
    dean
    Boat:
    Chubasco II
    Just another cattle boat that will catch fish when the fishing is good.

3. wpc

wpc Newbie

Name:
    johnny
    Boat:
    http://thefishcounts.com
    The aztec has been way off for the past few years. Who knows what is wrong with them but they have consistently been worse than any other boat out of seaforth. I personally had the worst trip of my life on that boat and will never fish it again.

4. mowitlow

mowitlow Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    21 ft. Mastercraft
    make plans earlier and get on the pacific voyager!
    best boat in its class....anywhere!
    in my opinion.

5. Yolo

Yolo Outcasts

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Relentless
    We have been fishing with the Aztec since Tom Ebner was driving and has since handed off to Mikey F. who is a stand up, hard working, guy. He wants his customers to catch fish and works his tail off to do so. He might have had some temp crew, that happens. Yes get there early always to get a good tackle spot, rod spot, and bunk on any boat period, not just the Aztec.

We fish it at least one charter a year and jump on when I can and will fish that boat on any opportunity. Sometimes the reality of the conditions don't map up to our expectations. I recommend the boat.

You should have been there yesterday. Fished a couple Rat boats this year. The rental rods loved the rats. Gaffs were stored, just pull the fish in on the line. Should have used a Sabiki rig on them and gone commercial.

Counts from 8/30

[TABLE="class: MojText, width: 700, align: center"]
    <tbody>[TR="bgcolor: #DCDCDC"]
    [TD="width: 100"]Aztec[/TD]
    [TD="width: 85"]1.5 Day[/TD]
    [TD="width: 66, align: center"]27[/TD]
    [TD="width: 364"]21 Yellowtail, 39 Bluefin Tuna[/TD]
    [TD="width: 75px"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
    [TD="width: 100"]Pacific Star[/TD]
    [TD="width: 85"]1.5 Day[/TD]
    [TD="width: 66, align: center"]23[/TD]
    [TD="width: 364"]13 Yellowtail, 28 Bluefin Tuna[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

Wrong Forum BTW.

6. NO4NMTL

NO4NMTL Member

Name:
    Buddy
    Boat:
    205 Conquest
    i have my own boat but decided to take a trip down south so this month, i fished the aztec twice once overnight killed a ton of yellowtail then did a 1.5 day trip left the 26th picked a few yellowtail off of paddies a Dorado then hit a school of blue Fin picked a few then the bite went cold Mikey started trolling aound never gave up we ran into a school of BF in the 40 lb class and we all hooked up it was pure pandamonium but the deck hands Kyle, Travis and Jason kept it all moving we fished until it got dark then sat down to a killer dinner i will be going out on the aztec again asap both trips awesome crew and great fish anyone who cant get along with this crew cant get along with anyone they are a hard working and very friendly crew

7. tonydmm2

tonydmm2 Newbie

Name:
    tony D
    Boat:
    gypsy queen
    Had a blast, the captain found the bluefin schools all day and put us on them. You only had about 5 minutes to cast at them before they disappeared and I failed miserably, but I really like the captain & crew and would definately recommend it. The cook made an awesome rueben too!

8. Uglybones

Uglybones Take a step to the left.

Name:
    Ian
    Boat:
    the big one with 30 other people
    image.png