Mark C.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Mark
Boat
1802 Trophy WA
Question: were you able to keep all of your Bluefin? The boats I have been on this summer are allowing you to keep your two biggest bluefin tuna (each day) and anything extra they are sharing with passengers who did not catch any fish, or less than their limit. sort of like tournament bass fishing lol....

Was that the case on the Aztec? Not sure what Seaforth‘s policy is these days. Personally I like boats that adhere to keeping your limit and giving anything over that to the less fortunate anglers allowing eveyone to bring something home since trips are so expensive. I don’t mind sharing and helping others....Karma. We all have our bad days. It’s nice to know there is a little insurance.

I kept 2 bft per day, total of 4 for the trip. The rest was given to other anglers who did not have limits. The boat did not reach limits for bft on either day so there was no issue there. The Aztec does not mess around, they keep track of every fish before dropping it into the rsw. If we would have reached bft limits on either day we would have stopped fishing for them and moved on to look for something else.

Mark C.

Jul 20, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Mark
Boat
1802 Trophy WA
One of the best trips ever. My friend and I were on that one and had a blast, ate well and slept like a rock. Made some great friends, and learned more on how to land those tuna without wasting a lot of energy. Thanks Marc for the post and the info on the hot set up.
Harry's chum line was insane. Had Justin screaming about how the tuna was rising on the bait all day. The 1st evening and day 2 were magical for me. Very thankful.
Slept thru the whole trip back and re-baiting process, that was nice.
Food insane. And there were some characters out there too. Learn a lot every trip.
Listen to the Crew. Everything works out fine.
Glad you had a great trip brother, pleasure sharing the rail with you. It was definitely a memorable trip. The crew, food, and weather was awesome. The catching was just a bonus. Til next time, tight lines 🤙🏼

Reactions: StetheHookey

StetheHookey

Sep 23, 2012
La Verne
Name
terry conklin
Boat
Lil Pup
Glad you had a great trip brother, pleasure sharing the rail with you. It was definitely a memorable trip. The crew, food, and weather was awesome. The catching was just a bonus. Til next time, tight lines 🤙🏼
Forgot to mention that you put on a clinic on day 1.. yeeew

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
It’s basically “Plan B”! Most of the time they can staple your number, bleed it and slide into the RSW but if you hit a school where everyone’s bit. They don’t have time to staple as the fish are coming up so they put it in your sack and wait till the bites over or slowed down.
Exactly

Mark C.

Jul 20, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Mark
Boat
1802 Trophy WA
Great trip it was. You were hooked up every time i turned around... I switched from the circle to the #2 j hook the second day after your suggestion, And it seemed to work. Hope to see you out there again soon.
Right on man, it was cool to see that the adjustment you made worked out. A lot of times it’s the little things that make the big difference, but actually being willing to make the adjustment is very critical. Hope to see you out there again as well, tight lines.

Reactions: squirtis2