26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Insane bite gents!!! Those are special memories for sure!!!

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
It is all going to go away soon. take advantage while you can. It has been since 2002 that this has happened for us. It has been a great year of fishing. Spiny Lobster season opens on the 27th of this month..Wow! Where has the year gone..............

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
Go to Vegas. Your luck is better than most everyone else's. We couldn't buy a YF stop yesterday.

Where'd you fish? The day certainly didn't start like friday did for us. Friday we limited before 0800 but kept catching and releasing til 1450. We were thrashed by then. Sat started slower and we had to look hard for paddies holding. But when they did, it was game on! One of the paddies we found later in the day that finished off our bait was just east of that "africa" size paddy people were pounding. That paddy was bigger than anything I've ever seen. Anyway, we found 2 side by side paddies just a mile or so east of it and it had all the YFT you wanted. Killer days people!!!!

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
It is all going to go away soon. take advantage while you can. It has been since 2002 that this has happened for us. It has been a great year of fishing. Spiny Lobster season opens on the 27th of this month..Wow! Where has the year gone..............
60 fish last week , 32 fish this week ..............He's definitely taking advantage ! Nice job on the tuna . It's nice to make up for the seasons when they are few .

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
60 fish last week , 32 fish this week ..............He's definitely taking advantage ! Nice job on the tuna . It's nice to make up for the seasons when they are few .

funny you mention about taking advantage. i guess mike originally mentioned it. anyway, yes, i keep telling my friends without boats that this is quite possibly a once in a lifetime event for some of us, and that we need to fish as much as possible. i'm actually bugging some of them but it's hard to find people with the time off i have and with the lust for offshore that i have. i don't think they actually understand what's happening right now and just how infrequent these things are. i'm jumping on a 2 day on the pacific dawn tues night and then the day after i come back i'm taking my boat right back down again. i can't get enough. i'm vacuum sealing right now and eating seared belly coated with toasted sesame seeds and dried ginger as i seal fish. i just can't get enough. i just wish my friends understood the significance of this season. :(

Reactions: Huntersmoon
Upvote 0

Tin Pangas

Skipper
Aug 28, 2010
Norwalk, Ca U.S.A.
Name
Kevin
Boat
37 Tollycraft
Mike,
I understand all too well...unfortunately my boat is down and, although I'm pressing my engine rebuiler and mechanic, I don't know if I will be back up and running in time to get some. If you need a fishing partner.....

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
I work ...so I can make more money.........so I can catch more fish .....Or was it buy more crack ? I can't remember .

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Is 300 jars of tuna enough? My fishing buddy has that....ive got about half that,gave a few cases away to family members.

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Is 300 jars of tuna enough? My fishing buddy has that....ive got about half that,gave a few cases away to family members.
NEVER ENOUGH!

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Short version.
3 guys.
Out around SW 425, SW 371, SW 230
32 YFT, some yellows, some skippies, lots of memories
Better quality YFT than our 60 YFT on fri

60 fish for 3 guys? We had 25 for 4 guys on Saturday and I was more than done.....great job!!!!

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
Mike,
I understand all too well...unfortunately my boat is down and, although I'm pressing my engine rebuiler and mechanic, I don't know if I will be back up and running in time to get some. If you need a fishing partner.....

i'll keep you in mind. we live fairly close by. i'm in glendale.

Upvote 0

Fat Guy

Almost A Member
Jul 7, 2011
San Clemente
Name
KG
Boat
none
Glad you're killing it this year, but I'm trying to figure a scenario where you guys weren't WAY in excess of limits? Especially if all that took place in Mexican waters? If what you are writing is correct, you were 17 over limit on one day and 50 over limit the other.

Upvote 0