avet wrench

Blown383

Jul 18, 2014
Los Angeles
Name
Binhtri
Boat
HMS Krusty
Is a special tool really necessary to torque those bolts down? I just grabbed a nickle or quarter from my pocket and cranked them down. More than enough torque to keep that clamp down.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
The studs are screwed into the reel with 1/4-20 thread. I just use the correct size socket head screw with a flat and lock washer. Some rods require an extra washer.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Also....you can use a chainring bolt tool from your local bike shop if you want to use the factory bolts.

Park is the standard in bike tools.

socalangler22

Yellowtail!!
May 25, 2006
San Diego
Name
Steve-0
Boat
Not Yet
Recently got a JX Raptor and the Tool came with my reel. And i am like damn i just got one in the mail lol. I will have a friend weld it to a screw driver for me.
Stoked! My first ever post helped a fellow SoCal Angler

Jul 28, 2015
Eastvale
Name
Chris
Boat
Susan B
any ideas for an avet rod clamp wrench that is an improvement over what comes with the reels?

finding a screwdriver or some kinda knife with a blade large enough to cut a slot in aint happening and im not set up to weld stainless or to mill out something better.
Any ideas?
Hope this can help, Go to a Electrical warehouse store, they should have wide screw drivers, with 1"-12' shank. know what your talking about, The slot is too wide for a average screwdriver. Home Depot / Lowes wont have it, I checked already. I got mine at a Electrical store, Bring the screw with you when you go.