Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
I can't afford a 2 speed, so the 4.6:1 or the 6:1? Will use for typical SoCal targets, YT, YFT. Dodo, etc. Any and all opinions. Thanks!

Upvote 0

YANK N CRANK #2

Proud Wyoming Resident
Feb 28, 2006
God's Country, Wyoming
Name
Jason
Boat Name
27, Seaway, Yank n Crank
If you want to buy new.. I would go for the 4.6... I've used mine from local stuff to the east cape and long range... Excellent performer!!! You have a pm...

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
curtis,i agree with jason on the gearing 4.6 is great.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
you have a point there curtis...

Upvote 0

bucaroff

Hook'em Dano
Oct 15, 2007
Rathdrum
Name
Dan
Boat Name
Sold it! Thank God!
I would go CL for a 2 speed or just settle for a 4.6:1. High speeds are too hard for bringing in the big tuna.

Upvote 0

DEVILDOGLT

Nov 24, 2008
CARLSBAD, CA
Name
ALISTAIR
Boat Name
HOBIE OUTBACK
WB, Sorry to jump your post but I am in the same boat about affording the 2 speed. I have had my eyes on a JX but I was told to go with the 6.0. I am going to be using it off a kayak and want it to be able to handle whatever I might want to go for on a kayak from kelp bass to yellow tail and thresher. Is the 4.6 the way to go for me as well?

Thanks,

DevildogLt

Upvote 0

bucaroff

Hook'em Dano
Oct 15, 2007
Rathdrum
Name
Dan
Boat Name
Sold it! Thank God!
WB, Sorry to jump your post but I am in the same boat about affording the 2 speed. I have had my eyes on a JX but I was told to go with the 6.0. I am going to be using it off a kayak and want it to be able to handle whatever I might want to go for on a kayak from kelp bass to yellow tail and thresher. Is the 4.6 the way to go for me as well?

Thanks,

DevildogLt

The 6.0 will work fine on the smaller fish, but the lower gearing of the 4.6 will make it much easier on the larger fish.

Upvote 0

kelpbass_kid

Salvay Pacific
Oct 6, 2006
SCI
Name
Evan
Boat Name
29 ft. Crystaliner "Hawk", 22 ft. Ranger Bahia 220 "RazeRanger"
when i asked this question a month ago, it seemed the general consensus was 4.6. more torque and power on bigger fish, yet fast enough for jigs

Upvote 0

Latest posts