Avet Clamp

Discussion in 'Avet Reels Support' started by harddrive, Oct 7, 2008.

1. harddrive

harddrive Wish I Was Fishing!

Name:
    Min
    Boat:
    None
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give Props to Avet.

Got a new reel and it didn't have a clamp in it.

Called Avet and they're shipping me one.

Cool service.

Harddrive

2. YANK N CRANK #2

YANK N CRANK #2 Proud Wyoming Resident

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    27, Seaway, Yank n Crank
    Harry and Sarkis are good dudes....

3. The first sx I bought, I had to buy the clamp seperate (no big deal, about $10 if I remember correctly). The second sx I bought, it already had the clamp in the box. BTW, I bought them from the same tackle store about a few months apart.

So what is standard with the clamps? Do they normally come with clamps or not?

4. umoa

umoa silent

Name:
    jimmy
    Boat:
    18' starcraft "big knockers"
    they all do now.

5. JasonTX

JasonTX Newbie

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    none
    I had my plastic one that came with my LX crack on me as soon as I first put it on the rod. I called avet, offered to send it in, but the chick charged me anyway for a replacement....not so great service in my case though I love the reel.

6. ERIC FISH

ERIC FISH Newbie

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Kayak Tarpon 160i
    I was just in the shop yesterday and Harry is a top notch guy... Talked to him about fishing for about 1/2 hr.
    Brought in a reel that I thought I was having problems with the drag and after looking at it for 2min. Harry found the problem. When the reel was spooled with spectra ( not by me) there was no tape placed on the spool so when under pressure the line would spin without the spool. Sure enough pulled off the line and no tape to help the spectra grab.
    I've brought in 3 reels to get serviced at Avet,each at a different time and everytime i'm always blown away the costumer service. Someone always comes out from around the counter talks to me right away takes the reel back in the shop and in less then 25min. comes back out with my reel working as good as new!!!! Most of the time I have to hang out longer just to finish the fishing article I was reading, or finish talking to Harry.
    The first time I brought in a reel to get serviced by them I asked if there was any way I could check out their shop? I thought there was no way, but why not ask. Sure enough the lady took me for a tour. Too cool to be able to see these works of art be mechined out of blocks of metal....

LET IT BE SAID I'M NOT EMPLOYED BY AVET OR PERSONAL FRIEND TO THEM.
    JUST A LOYAL FAN TO THEIR REELS.

Peace Out
    EFISH

7. lowell

lowell Satire writer

Name:
    lowell
    Boat:
    jacuzzi tub
    I recently bought a new MC frame for my JX 6/3. On my old frame the bolt that screws into the reel to hold the clamp was frozen to the frame. I called Avet and they sent me 2 new bolts, 2 screws. and a new flat upgraded silver clamp to hold the reel to the rod.
    One complaint I've had about Avet reels is that the screws that hold the clamp down often are too short and screw down too far too get tight on the reel seat with an ordinary screw driver. (I've used a piece of bicycle tubing to get the fit right).
    Included in my little package from Avet was a neat little tool that has the right size prongs to further tighten the screws and it also has a notch that can be used to tighten the bolt to the reel. It looks like a tool that repairs ball marks on a green. I had not seen this before (I checked out all of my reel boxes (6) and it has never been included). A nice addition.
    I also live near Shimano in Irvine and have always found them to be very sevice oriented at their plant. We're lucky to be able to use both excellent products.

8. MARKEY220

MARKEY220 markey220

Name:
    marc
    Boat:
    21'proline w/a
    let me first say,i am the owner of a dozen avets.love them all.in the rare event,i had a problem.i sent it out,and it was fixed,in most cases,in a couple of days,and often free of charge.great people,company.i just recently however,have been disappointed,when ordering parts.i placed an order for spool springs for three reels,2 washers ea. for a totol of 6.maybe 5 cents ea. at your local hardware store,which is where i should have gone,because they charged me 8.00 and 5.50 to ship,which should have been 1.25 max.i thought that this was excessive.

9. MARKEY220

MARKEY220 markey220

Name:
    marc
    Boat:
    21'proline w/a
    hey lowell,maybe they listened, when i suggested that,when sending a reel in for repairs.yea,i really did!!