Avet 80 service

Oct 25, 2020
north carolina
Name
Tom
Boat
Onslow bay 32
I opened up my avet exw 80 2 speed and it was a little different then my other avets. this is a fairly new 80 about a year and a half. The Dogs were hard to understand but I got that figured out. Where I am stuck is on the back of the top plate there are small gears that fit into the larger gears that are attached to the spool. at the bottom of the small gears there is a rod that inserts into the bearing on the spool below the larger gears.

My issue come in related to the 2 washers that fit over the rod. Those 2 washers will not allow me to get the small gears to insert into the larger gears. Its driving me crazy but I dont see how the can engage with the washers on. I think they effect the drag system as if I do not put them on the real works fine except for I need to crank up the drag. I could not find any video's on the net for service of 80's any help would be appreciated.

Its almost like the reel is built upside down from the schematics. I think its part 26 in the schematics that I am having trouble with. in the schematics show it going on the shaft coming out of the spool. that shaft is attached to the top of the plate on mine.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020
north carolina
Name
Tom
Boat
Onslow bay 32
Success, a good night sleep did the trick. I think the problem was the order the parts are assembled. when marrying the gears together you have to put the washers on the bearings before you insert the shaft rather the putting the washers on the shaft then inserting. seems to be smooth and have full drag.

Reactions: Cubeye and FishRock