Jef

Almost A Member
Jun 16, 2015
Name
Jeff
Boat
None
The wife and I rented a condo in Avalon next month for Thursday -Sunday

I wanted to take our boat (Parker 2320) so we could explore around the island 1-2 of the days

I have a fear of showing up Thursday morning and not getting a mooring because it’s packed .

I have never been to Avalon. What do you think my probability of getting a mooring on a Thursday in April

thanks

Jef

Almost A Member
Jun 16, 2015
Name
Jeff
Boat
None
Lol I just looked at the calendar and we would be heading out on April fools and staying through Easter Sunday lol uh oh

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
The wife and I rented a condo in Avalon next month for Thursday -Sunday

I wanted to take our boat (Parker 2320) so we could explore around the island 1-2 of the days

I have a fear of showing up Thursday morning and not getting a mooring because it’s packed .

I have never been to Avalon. What do you think my probability of getting a mooring on a Thursday in April

thanks

Speaking from experience, I would say your chances are better than excellent.
In a emergency there is Joe's rent-a-boat, they can find you a spot for a 23' boat.

The Avalon harbor moorings nearest the shoreline are 30' moorings, you will have to make some adjustments in the line for your 23' boat, if you don't your boat will be making crazy back and forth swings, ask the harbor patrol person how to they are more than happy to help.

Good luck have fun stay safe.

Reactions: Jef

Jef

Almost A Member
Jun 16, 2015
Name
Jeff
Boat
None
You might want to check your insurance policy. My boat is not insured if I leave it on a mooring for any length of time -- either I or a pre-approved licensed captain must be aboard.

That’s interesting , I would have to check.