Aug.17 2010

nodrama

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Well we went to Waianae, left the harbor at 430am headed to the 1500. Set lines at 530am got first aku at 550am (18lbs),second aku at about 600am (22lbs), Set lines again and third strike Hanapaa Chad tells me this is the one (Ahi). cleared lines and fight is on. 1 hour later fish is on the side of the boat (tied off) (178.5). At that time 7 other boats are stopped, all fighting fish. clean up and get back to trolling, buy now about 25 boats in area so we leave looking for other bird piles. Ran the 1000, 500, and inside bird everywhere, caught a bunch of aku 7 to 12lbs then called it a day. back in the harbor at 230pm what a crazy day for us. Just thought I could give something back to all of you at bloody decks and thanks again for all the great post.

Sorry have to try again later to down load pics still trying to do that.

Attachments

grander007

May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
Nice going with that fish, and thanks for the report!

Tight lines,

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Ryan and crew,
Way to go on the akus, otarus and most especially the ahi...

Pat

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Ryan, Good going! I hope you can post some pictures for some of us who got to work. (Joke) Thanks for the report!

bolts

Dec 3, 2008
honolulu
Name
bolts
Boat
none
Well we went to Waianae, left the harbor at 430am headed to the 1500. Set lines at 530am got first aku at 550am (18lbs),second aku at about 600am (22lbs), Set lines again and third strike Hanapaa Chad tells me this is the one (Ahi). cleared lines and fight is on. 1 hour later fish is on the side of the boat (tied off) (178.5). At that time 7 other boats are stopped, all fighting fish. clean up and get back to trolling, buy now about 25 boats in area so we leave looking for other bird piles. Ran the 1000, 500, and inside bird everywhere, caught a bunch of aku 7 to 12lbs then called it a day. back in the harbor at 230pm what a crazy day for us. Just thought I could give something back to all of you at bloody decks and thanks again for all the great post.

Sorry have to try again later to down load pics still trying to do that.

so how are those shell lures working for you?

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Nice haul! Good going!

Looks like someone finally turned on the switch in Waianae this week. Been hearing about the bite all week long. That's one penalty to pay when having to work a standard Monday through Friday job, I guess. I often get to the fishing spot a day late and a dollar short.