JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Busy month with all the Changes of Command and Farewells. The brigade is entering the summer change of personnel season and I was lucky enough to take a few of the guys out before they left the islands. The Mahi was caught at the II on a 7" mirror head in light blue and pearl skirts was able to grab an aku on a 6" cedar plug (natural). The ono smashed a 9" Reel Tight in green and black on the 40 fathom line right outside the harbor bouy. It was a bonus that each fish type was a first for the guys. The boat is dialed in and I'm looking forward to a few shots at the Ahi this year.

v/r Joe

Attachments

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Hey Joe and various crews,
Good goin' on the fish, maybe we'll see ya soon... I need to dust off some of my ancient East Coast cedar plugs.

Cheers
Pat

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Hey Joe and various crews,
Good goin' on the fish, maybe we'll see ya soon... I need to dust off some of my ancient East Coast cedar plugs.

Cheers
Pat
Pat,
I run at least 1 cedar plug or a chain of them on every trip. They catch fish. On a trip last month 2 of the 3 shibi and 1 of the 3 mahi took a plug. Looking forward to heading to your side and Lookng for the porpoise piles and hopefully an ahi or 2:))