I’m getting nibbles
Oct 30, 2004
Torrance
Name
Brian
Boat
Cabo 216
As in ripped off !
Some piece of $#&t jumped on my boat parked on the driveway and unclipped the aligator clips from my portable battery charge, unplugged the charger and made off with my old batter charger.

If i replace the portable the pos will just come back and take my replacement.

I'm going to get a permanent mount and mount inside the cuddy.

Is there a wireless alarm that's out there ? I am thinking to hard wire the keypad and siren inside of the garage. I need a door sensor from my cuddy that is wireless to the keypad.

My boat is backed up to the garage.

Is there anything out there that's reasonably priced and has wireless sensors ?

Upvote 0

The Chad

Jun 18, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Name
Chad
Boat
SOLD
There are a bunch or inexpensive options out there ranging from under 20 bucks up to whatever's you want to spend. Google search portable security alarm and you will find some. They have one that is self contained with its own siren and all that is similar to a window home alarm except it is all contained in one unit. sorry to hear the criminal element paid you a visit man.

Upvote 0

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Wondering if your batteries are still in the transom battery box? If so, put the charger and small fan in that box and get a lockable latch for it. Or make 2 long hd leads and wire them into the charger lock the charger in your garage or in the boat cabin?

Reactions: pukahd
Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Is this unusual in Torrance? I don't know the area but sometimes a cheaper place to live comes with taxes imposed by democrats not elected.

Reactions: bus kid
Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
As in ripped off !
Some piece of $#&t jumped on my boat parked on the driveway and unclipped the aligator clips from my portable battery charge, unplugged the charger and made off with my old batter charger.

If i replace the portable the pos will just come back and take my replacement.

I'm going to get a permanent mount and mount inside the cuddy.

Is there a wireless alarm that's out there ? I am thinking to hard wire the keypad and siren inside of the garage. I need a door sensor from my cuddy that is wireless to the keypad.

My boat is backed up to the garage.

Is there anything out there that's reasonably priced and has wireless sensors ?
They've aready hit you, so they probably won't be back because they're just smart enough to know you've probably installed a security system.

Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Drink two 18 packs of your favorite beer in aluminum cans.
Take a piece of fishing string and run it across the width of the deck tied to the cans.

When you hear the ruckus, come out and thump his ass.

He won't come back...

Upvote 0

pukahd

I’m getting nibbles
Oct 30, 2004
Torrance
Name
Brian
Boat
Cabo 216
Hmm , I like the idea of extending the portable charger wires with HD wire a few sizes bigger than the charger wires and leaving the charger in the garage......

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Bring the batteries inside to charge.

Upvote 0

pukahd

I’m getting nibbles
    Oct 30, 2004
    Torrance
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    If go with the extended charge wires, will the charger still be able to charge if I extend the cables about 12 feet ?

How about the idea of using jumper cables as my extention ????

Have the charger in the garage and extend the wired to the batterys.

As for charging the batterys in the garage.....group 27 batterys and the area where I mount the batterys are a pain in the @$$.

Upvote 0

PD41

Jul 15, 2014
    Redondo
    Name
    Butch
    Boat
    20' Bertram
    X2 on the driveway alarm. About $16 at Harbor Freight. Wireless with a remote device that beeps and has a alarm. I mounted one on a stake near a bush. When someone walks on the driveway it beeps and the dogs hear it an start barking. 40' range.

Good for when the wife pulls in the driveway so you can x out of those xxx websites too. Lol

Upvote 0

SeaHawk IV

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 15, 2008
    United States of America
    Name
    A
    Boat
    Hey Brian!

I have two group 31 Sears Platinum AGM batteries and I only charge them overnight during winter season when boat is used. I've gone two months many times without charging them. One of my batteries is going on 5 years and still holding a full charge. Just an idea so you don't have to charge that often.

Upvote 0