Artificial Plastic Baits HARMFUL to Children because of Lead???

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
Kids will be fine.
Let's play some lawn darts.
Lawn darts were awesome, it’s a wonder anyone made it to adulthood. I wouldn’t let my kids play with them but that’s not saying much... my kids are yelled at with some regularity about violating the ‘No spears in the house’ rule.

Upvote 0

RumRunner

Jul 12, 2005
SF
Boat
18Glaspar
I'm like many of you - old and exposed to plenty of toxins (and lawn darts 😁) in my time.

As far as kids are concerned IMO good idea to get them tested for lead every year or so. By the time there are obvious symptoms their blood level will pretty high. The treatment for that is not particularly effective.

At levels below obvious symptoms the kid will just be a little dumber and some of that will stick for life.

Reactions: Donkey Nick
Upvote 0

Donkey Nick

Jul 16, 2012
Hollywood, CA, USA
Name
Nick Shamrock
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
I'm like many of you - old and exposed to plenty of toxins (and lawn darts 😁) in my time.

As far as kids are concerned IMO good idea to get them tested for lead every year or so. By the time there are obvious symptoms their blood level will pretty high. The treatment for that is not particularly effective.

At levels below obvious symptoms the kid will just be a little dumber and some of that will stick for life.
Solid response. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Almost all the toys that come from China have lead in them. Also a lot of pots and pans have a fair amount of lead in them.
And now available with matching Melamine serving plates!

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Reactions: kevina
Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
SMALL KIDS are hazardous to f'n SOFT PLASTIC LURES!!!

Not vice versa. I cannot tell you how many times I have left a rod with a curley or swimmy tail to come back and find the tail pulled off. I have to keep tails away from my kids. Some cannot resist stretching them til they break, no matter how many times I holler at them.
If they're pulling the tails off, maybe try a small stinger hook in the tail.

Upvote 0