koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Pretty bad ass little boat. Probably not a lot of your guys cup of tea but thought I would post for the small boat crowd. There’s a video on the Arima Facebook page of it going over the Westport bar (I believe) with relative ease. Appears to have a bait tank option to. Pretty nice boat that doesn’t break the bank.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Saw it in person. It's definitely a nice little setup. The forward cabin look might turn people off and you're still gonna be cramped for space. I'd say 3 people max if everyone's fishing.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Love the cabin... for our weather that’s a great little boat!

Upvote 0

squidlymang

Aug 29, 2005
    California
    Name
    Squid
    Boat
    Parker
    This thing is so cool, would love you hear if anyone has one. Seems ideal if you have a Tacoma or light SUV. What else would be comparable to this boat in the 17-20 ft trailerable range? Greenough 17?

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    Looks like a Sea Chaser with a pilot house. I’ve seen a few custom made versions, but that’s the first factory job I know of. I know the Arima guys have been asking for a few years for this, and it’s finally been answered.

For a small boat, Arima’s really pack a lot. Awesome pocket fishers!

Upvote 0

Omakase

Apr 19, 2009
    Kitsap
    www.facebook.com
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    24 LaConner
    I also liked the Tiderunner Yellowtail (I think they still make it?) Same concept but on the more capable deep V hull of the original Tiderunner

yellowtail.jpg

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    I also liked the Tiderunner Yellowtail (I think they still make it?) Same concept but on the more capable deep V hull of the original Tiderunner

View attachment 1142515

More capable? I’ll go along with more comfortable, but Arima hulls are built like tanks. They are a very capable boat.

Upvote 0

viking360

FishHuntNorthwest
    May 10, 2015
    Kitsap
    Name
    CHRIS
    Boat
    2004 palmer tiderunner
    Defiance still has the hull mold for the tiderunner, just not making them because the arima was more popular.

Upvote 0

naldodook

Naldodook
    Jan 30, 2006
    Buena Park, california
    Name
    daniel
    Boat
    Sailfish 176CC
    I've seen that boat and went on it at Fred Hall at long beach back in March. I am still new in this boating world, and was searching for used Arima for about 4 month, but was not able to get one when I was boat shopping. It seems like a perfect boat for Southern CA also, when you are looking for smaller foot print. I wonder if they would make one with 17 chaser model. Jump to 29:50 is where I jump on to the boat.

Reactions: ysmoose
    Upvote 0

Ducks4jimm11

Feb 6, 2013
    Graham/WA/USA
    Name
    Jim Mavity
    Boat
    Arima SR 19
    I've fished my Arima SR19 with a skip tower out of Westport for a long time - similar in concept to the SC19 Yellowtail. It is not a Grady, a Whaler, or a Defiance, but it has been durable and reliable as hell. Glad to see they now recommend the 115 Honda as standard power. When I bought mine I wanted the 115, but they would only sell the boat with a 90 - don't ask me why. I upgraded to the 115 2 years ago and it is like a new boat in terms of performance. I like the Yellowtail concept but I would lose the bait tank in the PNW.

Upvote 0