hbouldin1216

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
Have you looked into storage units? Before I bought my house, I lived in an apartment and found a 25x10 storage unit that would let me work on the boat there too. Paid about $160/mo but it was literally my garage. Only downside is they didn't have power, but you may be able to find one that does. Depending on the trailer LOA, put a swing tongue on it. Just a suggestion.

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC
Have you looked into storage units? Before I bought my house, I lived in an apartment and found a 25x10 storage unit that would let me work on the boat there too. Paid about $160/mo but it was literally my garage. Only downside is they didn't have power, but you may be able to find one that does. Depending on the trailer LOA, put a swing tongue on it. Just a suggestion.
Wow that is cheap. Here in the San Fernando Valley prices are about double.

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC
Didn't you have a Klamath? Ever get rid of it?

Yep, I started the project but even though the work was easy it turned out to be a hassle going back and forth between where it was stored and my apartment. So I sold it.

That's the reason why I am looking for a newer boat this time. Just need something turnkey.

EL JEFE

Feb 7, 2004
Inland Empire
Name
"EL JEFE"
Boat
1988 Arima Sea Sprinter

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC
Any luck finding one?
Yep!

I didn't want a project but I got one lol.

I found a 1987 17ft Sea Chaser with a 2 stroke 90hp and 9.9 2 stroke kicker. Gonna pick it up next weekend.

Hopefully I can polish it up and get it running. If I find a newer one with a 4 stroke at non covid prices I might put this one up for sale but this should be a good boat to learn boating inshore. Who knows maybe I'll just repower this one.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Nice find, and congratulations! You can do some mild offshore with that boat too. I’ve had mine out 40+ miles, just need extra fuel. Although, those old two strokes can be pretty thirsty. See how it does

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC
Nice find, and congratulations! You can do some mild offshore with that boat too. I’ve had mine out 40+ miles, just need extra fuel. Although, those old two strokes can be pretty thirsty. See how it does
Yeah I've read great things about these. Not worried about the boat. Was thinking inshore due to the old motor but if it all checks out I'll venture out as the confidence builds.

Will get the BoatUS membership for sure though.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Definitely get the membership!

These hulls are great, old or new. I’ll eventually sell mine, and it will honestly be hard to let it go. It’s been a damn good boat, and I’ve learned a lot since I’ve had it.

Reactions: Humberto Salinas

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
mine is an '87....fish getter !

Like Tesoro said, the Gelcoat is thick. A little wet sanding and compounding and they clean up real nice.

Here’s what my wood looked like...

Sea Pacer (open bow)...

Reactions: CESARJRC

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....

Like Tesoro said, the Gelcoat is thick. A little wet sanding and compounding and they clean up real nice.

Sea Pacer (open bow)...

Hey Mark, what seats are those? I need to get new pedestals and seats. Those look solid and comfortable

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC

Sea Pacer (open bow)...

Very nice. Did you swap the wood to starboard yourself? What color is it? Looks like a good match.

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Yes. I have done a couple of them. The material is King Starboard Seafoam (regular Starboard, not light weight.)

The seats were older Todd seats. I have replaced them since.

IMG_1377.jpg

ja73

Sep 1, 2017
SGV
Name
Jay
Boat
Arima SC16
Congrats on picking up your new boat! How was the drive ?

To get your boat shinning, pick up either a rotary or a random orbital polisher, get some heavy foam cutting pads and 3M "09005" 2 in 1 restorer and start out on low speed and move up to high and your boat will come out shinning!

Also get yourself a work manual for that Johnson, they're not to hard to work on, but some things are a PITA.
Double check and make sure the VRO works good or you can easily cap it off and do premix, I think that motor is either 60:1 or 80:1 mix ratio and IMO use Penzoil 2 stroke oil it's really good.

Here's my boat after using the 3M and a heavy cutting pad.

Last edited:

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC
Congrats on picking up your new boat! How was the drive ?

To get your boat shinning, pick up either a rotary or a random orbital polisher, get some heavy cutting pads and 3M "09005" 2 in 1 restorer and your boat will come out shinning!

Also get yourself a work manual for that Johnson, they're not to hard to work on, but some things are a PITA.
Double check and make sure the VRO works good or you can easily cap it off and do premix, I think that motor is either 60:1 or 80:1 mix ratio and IMO use Penzoil 2 stroke oil it's really good.

Here's my boat after using the 3M and a heavy cutting pad.
Man that shine is great!

Do you have a build thread? Are the snaps for a cover? What year is it? I noticed mine has snaps in the same place.

I haven't picked up the boat yet. I had time this past weekend but didnt go because I wanted to get tires and bearings for the trailer.

Was supposed to go this weekend and got a curveball thrown at me by my boss. I cant take time off this weekend so I am planning for the following weekend depending on workload.

I also have a listing on Uship to see if I can get it shipped down. Paid for the boat in full now so seller doesnt mind. But man the logistics is hard because I cant take time off work. Otherwise I'd be on the road tomorrow.

ja73

Sep 1, 2017
SGV
Name
Jay
Boat
Arima SC16
Man that shine is great!

Do you have a build thread? Are the snaps for a cover? What year is it? I noticed mine has snaps in the same place.

I haven't picked up the boat yet. I had time this past weekend but didnt go because I wanted to get tires and bearings for the trailer.

Was supposed to go this weekend and got a curveball thrown at me by my boss. I cant take time off this weekend so I am planning for the following weekend depending on workload.

I also have a listing on Uship to see if I can get it shipped down. Paid for the boat in full now so seller doesnt mind. But man the logistics is hard because I cant take time off work. Otherwise I'd be on the road tomorrow.
No build thread for my boat, just a few things I’ve done to it on the Arima forum under AJFishin.
The snaps were for a cover the previous owner had, but it was in bad shape and I never got a new one.
My boat is a 96.

Sucks you’re unable to go and get your boat. You should also post in this section if anyone has suggestions for transporters, I’ve seen recommendations for transporters on here before.

Humberto Salinas

Aug 14, 2016
San Fernando Valley
Name
Beto
Boat
16' Klamath CC
No build thread for my boat, just a few things I’ve done to it on the Arima forum under AJFishin.
The snaps were for a cover the previous owner had, but it was in bad shape and I never got a new one.
My boat is a 96.

Sucks you’re unable to go and get your boat. You should also post in this section if anyone has suggestions for transporters, I’ve seen recommendations for transporters on here before.
Oh gotcha. Yeah I remember your name on the AO forum and you responded here before. I'm all over the place right now so I forgot lol

Right now I am trying to figure it out. I thought it was set in stone but now my boss is giving me different terms. Cant blame him but I'll try to figure it out. I did post a thread here asking for transport suggestions.

Reactions: ja73