Area 9 & 10 Coho

NASCARRICH59

Nov 16, 2010
Bremerton/Washington/USA
Name
Richard Littell
Boat
Jack & Grace Fishing Machine
I've had some pretty good days so far from the East side of Possession South to the Oil Docks in the Edmonds area. Working the depths from 31-67 FT going with the tide or into the tide. The radio CH 68 gives out some pretty useful information on the depths and gear so I keep listening through the morning.
So far the lures of choice have been the White Grandslam Bucktail Fly, AceHi Fly Spatterback Green and the reliable Irish Cream Spoon! Leaders have been from 24"-37"/60-80 LB test for the Fly's, 40" 25 LB test for the spoon.

Reactions: EdG

Jiff

Jun 30, 2009
Lynnwood, Anacortes WA
www.flickr.com
Name
Jeff
Boat
'95 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2655
Thanks for the heads up. I went alone out of the Edmonds slings on Friday 9/12 at 9:30am. People at the launch said "it's good from the marina south to the oil docks". I spent a couple hours there among a lot of boats and hooked one and lost it. Didn't see anyone catch any. Went to the east side of Possession Point and caught a small one using a green hootchie like the one in your second picture. Just a few boats there, including two full Possession Charters boats. Heard them catch one, "Yay!". They might have caught more but didn't hear anymore cheers or see nets. Fished an hour and a half there then a half hour at the Shipwreck with no more hook-ups or seeing any. Rough waters back to the sling.

Used the small net for him:
IMG_0403.JPG

Possession Point on Friday - Sep 12, 2014:
IMG_0404.JPG

windyridgeranch

El Capitan - M/V Cast Away
Sep 28, 2009
Snohomish/WA
Name
Karen
Boat
33' Wellcraft Coastal "Cast Away"
Has been hit and miss for us too. Last Saturday went 6 for about 10 hits. Today for Salmon for Soldiers,
only kept one nice fish. Let 2 dinks go (and I mean dinks) and a couple of hits that didn't stick. Some
of the boats did really well, others, worse than us. If you're on them, you're lucky!

Hunter Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
Has been hit and miss for us too. Last Saturday went 6 for about 10 hits. Today for Salmon for Soldiers,
only kept one nice fish. Let 2 dinks go (and I mean dinks) and a couple of hits that didn't stick. Some
of the boats did really well, others, worse than us. If you're on them, you're lucky!
Yeah, I called my dad about 10:30 and he said they only had 3 takedowns early and they let all three come unbuttoned. I don't know if he got anything going after that, but I DO know that his wife is not the most helpful deckhand and figured that was his problem, but perhaps it was just a tough day? I'll be out with him tomorrow to dial it in........we'll see!

Coug

Jul 18, 2013
Name
Karsten
Boat
JANOSKA
That's for sure. I've been out this whole week and it's like a roller coaster ride.... Every day is different! Usually once you find them you can stick around and pickup at least 1 or 2 more, not today…. Yesterday we limited in a few hours, today for Salmon For Soldiers it was really tough. It hurt seeing a boat 10 feet away hookup on a double, when we were working hard for one! We picked up a few scattered fish here or there, ending the day with 3 fish from all different places. Great time with a great group, though, thanks to Jim and the 401-K!

As of 5:30PM, the fish checker at Everett Ramp had a little over a 2 fish/boat average.

Snapglen

Mar 17, 2011
Redmond /Camano Is WA USA
Name
Glen
Boat
VX2500 Hydra Sports
20140913_081404.jpg
20140913_081035.jpg
I guess we were one of the lucky ones! Lines in the water at 7:00 right out of Edmonds first fish at 7:05. We had 6 in the boat and back at the dock by 9:00. That also included a little break for some mid morning munchies. One of the best days on the water for me, my son and a friend from Michigan. Hope to repeat tomorrow.
Snapfisher channel 68

20140913_075727.jpg

voyager

Feb 27, 2012
washington
Name
Paul
Boat
32 bay
We limited with six on Saturday and four on Sunday. We had to work for them Red Racer flasher green spatterback squid and a purple ace high inserted caught half of them and a Red Racer with a silver chartreuse spoon caught the other half. We tried lots of combinations but those worked the best anywhere from 50 to 99 ft. Edmonds produced the largest fish ( five of them) with the West side coming in second and Browns Bay gave up one.

TouShea

Brian Shea
Apr 5, 2004
Seattle, Wa
Name
Brian Shea
Boat
2003 Seaswirl Striper 2101 WA I/O
Good day on Sunday for us - a bit of the luck of the Irish that I wish the Hawks had later in the afternoon. Flurry of a bite at 7:15A that shut down at 9A with 4 in the boat. Final 2 came back-to-back around 10:30A. Fished in 700'+ of water near the channel off the oil docks in Edmonds. Most fish were in the 60' - 90' range though one hit at 20' as were attaching the second rod to the downrigger cable. White glow and green/white glow hoochies at 30" behind a fish flash with scent and a herring strip.

A bit of rain should bring in more in the bruiser size.

Brenda coho 09142014.jpg

coho limites 09142014.JPG

Jiff

Jun 30, 2009
Lynnwood, Anacortes WA
www.flickr.com
Name
Jeff
Boat
My brother and I went out of Edmonds on Friday, Sep 19, 2014. Did Edmonds and the Shipwreck. Four hook-ups, landed two, in five hours. Fishers around us didn't seem to be doing any better. Good luck to derby fishers.

Tim fish med.jpg

NASCARRICH59

Nov 16, 2010
Bremerton/Washington/USA
Name
Richard Littell
Boat
Two fish this week from the shipping lanes. Both hooked on the Frankie B's light in a spatterback green hoochie, 28" leader, 30/50 FT on the downrigger. One Coho on Thursday, one on Friday, couldn't buy a second takedown in both days!
8 LB Coho Sept 19 2014.jpeg
20140918_124823.jpeg

Ballard Boy

Mar 3, 2010
Seattle/Washington/USA
Name
Paul
Boat
232 Grady White: "Lady Katre", 300hp Yamaha
We went out Wednesday morning north of the Edmonds ferry and got 6 in rapid succession, then went out yesterday and only got 4. Small green needlefish hoochies.

013.JPG

Ballard Boy

Mar 3, 2010
Seattle/Washington/USA
Name
Paul
Boat
232 Grady White: "Lady Katre", 300hp Yamaha
We went out Wednesday morning north of the Edmonds ferry and got 6 in rapid succession, then went out yesterday and only got 4. Small green needlefish hoochies.

NASCARRICH59

Nov 16, 2010
Bremerton/Washington/USA
Name
Richard Littell
Boat
The Edmonds Oil Dock area is still putting out the Coho! Two takedowns 2 Coho in the boat. Used the old school Silver Horde Flasher and the AceHi Fly Needle-fish, then ran the Coyote Spoon 30 FT back alone and hooked up again! 35 FT on the downrigger trolling toward the shipping lanes.
Sept 23 Coho 1.jpeg

Reactions: sanjuanito

Jiff

Jun 30, 2009
Lynnwood, Anacortes WA
www.flickr.com
Name
Jeff
Boat
Was out Friday, Oct 3, for five hours mostly around Browns Bay - Shipwreck. Only one hook up. Landed her. Beautiful day, lots of boats. It looked to be slower than the last time I was out a couple weeks ago.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

NASCARRICH59

Nov 16, 2010
Bremerton/Washington/USA
Name
Richard Littell
Boat
Friday was an early start to get the lucky parking spot at the Kingston Marina. Two solid takedowns out in the Possession Bar area for the morning with both getting netted. The lures of choice were the Frankie B's lighted Hoochie and the UV Purple Haze Hoochie with the AceHi Fly Insert. 24-28 inch leaders, gear was at 45-65 FT trolling into the flood tide.
The bar was alive with bait & birds all over, North to South East to West.
Hoping to work the Area 10 winter blackmouth into the mix this week!!
Coho Area 9 Oct 3 2014.jpg

Coho Area 9 Oct 3 2014.jpg