fishing fanatic

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
I have a question for anyone who knows definitively.... the fuel dock in neah is not part of the tribal jurisdiction I’ve been told so does that mean fuel will be ok there?

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
I have a question for anyone who knows definitively.... the fuel dock in neah is not part of the tribal jurisdiction I’ve been told so does that mean fuel will be ok there?

It won't be open for non tribal usage. They don't want you anywhere near the fuel dock, let alone the Marina. Or even in the bay for that matter.

Upvote 0

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
Apr 27, 2013
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
24’ Hewes Alaskan
At this point with all of the games the tribes have played why would anyone be willing to support them financially at all?

Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
I was told the tribe didn’t run nor own the fuel dock. In saying that I would paddle my almar before giving them a penny.

Reactions: TimeZoned
Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
I was told the tribe didn’t run nor own the fuel dock. In saying that I would paddle my almar before giving them a penny.

Not sure if that is accurate. Tribal land. Tribal owned.
Good news for Sekiu but boy the parking/launching could get interesting. Hope there making plans now.

Unfortunately Brandon and company have lost nearly a third of dock space because of not being able to dredge the jetty, which unfortunately is owned by the state. Low tide now is creating narrow entrance to the marina. I predict if left as is the way the tide pulls silt into that cove the marina will be half capacity in a year or two.

Upvote 0

Kool-Aid

Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
35 Carolina Classic
Ok...next question on the derail...does sekiu have diesel or just gas?

Upvote 0

OMEGA

Dec 17, 2007
WA
Name
MCS
Boat
40 Cabo FB
You can always fill up in PA and then anchor out while fishing closer to the Ocean then fuel again in PA on your way home.

Reactions: fishing fanatic
Upvote 0

Gooch Larue

Aug 22, 2014
Name
Chris Holmes
Boat
29' North River "Thunder Road"
If the state wants to open area 4 to all of us they still own Snow creek. Some of my best memories in the last 25 have been there.

They should award a long term lease 10 years plus for someone to run a campground and boat moorage, plus pay for a breakwater jetty.

I know it is a pipe dream but just think how much money they could make if they open a “full service“ mini market, like Rays down the street.

Upvote 0

Happy Daze

Grady Prick
May 17, 2011
Port Orchard Wa.
Name
Dave Johnson
Boat
24ft Grady White/16ft Moocher
If the state wants to open area 4 to all of us they still own Snow creek. Some of my best memories in the last 25 have been there.

They should award a long term lease 10 years plus for someone to run a campground and boat moorage, plus pay for a breakwater jetty.

I know it is a pipe dream but just think how much money they could make if they open a “full service“ mini market, like Rays down the street.

Actually WDFW has been looking into redoing Snow Creek for a year or so now. I have lots of incite on this and I will just leave it there for now. Cheers HD

Upvote 0

skagittarius

Jun 5, 2008
Snohomish, wa
Name
Joe
Boat
JoeC / 23 ft center console
Actually WDFW has been looking into redoing Snow Creek for a year or so now. I have lots of incite on this and I will just leave it there for now. Cheers HD

Yes, I was recently snooping around on the Clallam County parcel map site looking to see if there are any public lands in that area I could camp on in August and noticed all the activity regarding Snow Creek. It looks like the issue now is that the septic system needs to be replaced, but it appears that the state owns the site. I too have many fond memories of that place. For about 10 years I would take my old 18ft crestliner out there, launch right on the beach (no hoist needed) and get that last camp site that overlooked the water. Did that in late July or early August when the coho were inside the straits and had some crazy good coho and rockfish fishing just a short run from the dock. I miss that place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Is it possible to fish for kings just outside of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line or do you have to run to Swiftsure? When I look on a chart it looks like the shipping lane it just outside the line and the shipping lane runs pretty much all the way to swiftsure. If it’s safe enough and decent enough fishing there, I was thinking of possibly giving it a shot from Sekiu in my small boat (if the forecast allows). Just wondering if it’s possible to have an oppturntity to safely catch a chinook outside the Bonilla-Tatoosh line If I were to make the run.

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
You won't find any king's in the shipping lanes in general. Shift your focus elsewhere in area 4. And it doesn't have to be more than a stone's throw from the beach.

And I'm not sure why your focused on getting outside the boni tat line.. that's only half of area 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest posts