sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat Name
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Fished area 2 Hali for the first time yesterday. Weather could not have been better. Amazing how much area 2 looks like the SW corner :) -big ocean with 100’s of boats packed into small area. There was a good Hali bite, we sorted through a few fish to get the 5 we wanted. The crew fortunately had hot hands as they caught our limit before I landed a fish. By 9:00am we were on the hunt for lings but only found rockfish and dogfish. By noon we ran in shore to finish off on rockfish. We then tried for salmon trolling south towards the north bowl at the 250ft line. All we caught was a native coho and small black mouth but we managed to get all our rockfish cleaned. Deep water lings seem harder to come by this time of year. Post up your pics, especially ling. I am willing to buy beer for anyone willing to send me ling numbers that hold summer fish.

9E4521B8-AB48-4D8A-B32F-2AE822775C31.jpeg

7466ABF9-068D-43F0-AE24-B66DDEE6193D.jpeg

Upvote 0

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat Name
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    We were out there along with Lots of our boating friends ....... This was my first Hali attempt in area 2 also. A friend on another Arima
    Buddy caught one nice one to heavy for arthritic hands to get a full weight- 44" about 65#. Too big for the salmon net so grabbed the harpoon.
    It was mainly a scouting trip to take Judy and daughter out Sunday so I'm searching for info.

Mike Hali 2.jpg
    Mike Hali.jpg
    Mooch Hali.jpg

Upvote 0

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
    Apr 27, 2013
    Port Orchard
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat Name
    24’ Hewes Alaskan
    We were out there along with Lots of our boating friends ....... This was my first Hali attempt in area 2 also. A friend on another Arima
    Buddy caught one nice one to heavy for arthritic hands to get a full weight- 44" about 65#.

Not sure where you get 65lbs from 44”. All of the halibut tables have that at about 45lbs. Still a damn nice fish though!

Reactions: Ling Pirates
    Upvote 0