Saltwater Area 10 weekend report

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
And another this morning. I went fish-drunk, broke the net on the first attempt when it got snagged on the downrigger (I usually move them out of the way but we had no idea it was a good fish till it was at the boat - odd fight), then had to hold the hoop in my hand while on my knees to scoop this one up. We had no business getting this fish in the boat - damn thing got wrapped around everything it could twice. Here here to 5/0 double gamas on a hoochie. It was pinned as well as fishably possible. Second pic's the MacGuyver fix.

1627067373728.png

1627060224996.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

saltchuckmatt

Long time puget sound fisherman
Sep 21, 2014
Seattle
Name
matthew paulsen
Boat
19 ft. campion Etec lover!
And another this morning. I went fish-drunk, broke the net on the first attempt when it got snagged on the downrigger (I usually move them out of the way but we had no idea it was a good fish till it was at the boat - odd fight), then had to hold the hoop in my hand while on my knees to scoop this one up. We had no business getting this fish in the boat - damn thing got wrapped around everything it could twice. Here here to 5/0 double gamas on a hoochie. It was pinned as well as fishably possible. Second pic's the MacGuyver fix.
View attachment 1301752
View attachment 1301753
Yes, we call that a gong show! Sometimes its just doesn't matter. Super bright fish.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Tish

Almost A Member
Jun 27, 2019
Shoreline WA
Name
Grant
Boat
1991 Achilles SGX-122, 1997 Boston Whaler Dauntless 17
Nice fish! I was out today and caught a lot of fish (dogfish, dabs, rock fish, a true cod) but no Chinook. Checker at shilshole said it was a slow day so doubly impressive you got one two days in a row!

Reactions: bdrlgion
Upvote 0

KaiChung

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2009
Newcastle/WA/USA
Name
Kai
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 28.5

View attachment 1301772

View attachment 1301753
I think the lesson that we should take is that to catch a fish in A10, we all need to fuck up the netting...

Upvote 0

firtree

• May 19, 2020
    Shilshole
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Scout Abaco 280
    I was out today and caught and released one black mouth. Very little bait on the sounder and I tried lots of combinations of flasher and lures/hoochies /hi flys, to no avail.

Reactions: KaiChung
    Upvote 0