Area 10 Coho 9/11/10

Discussion in 'Washington Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishchasr, Sep 12, 2010.

1. fishchasr

fishchasr Member

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
    Got the itch to fish so headed to Jeff's Head Saturday morning with a newbie from work onboard. Weather was overcast and the water was flat. Lots of trash in the water required extra attentiveness. We set out the usual spread of hoochie, spoon and a fly down the middle on a deep six. Changed lure type and color every half hour all day. Fought lots of trash and weed lines.

[​IMG]
    Trolled the usual lines between Kingston and Jeff's Head from 6:30 until 12:30, with the current, against the current, sideways, inside, outside, down the middle, nothing happening. Call to wife: "Honey, better thaw out some chicken for the grill". Radio talk was the bite was slow everywhere.

[​IMG]
    Just about ready to pull the plug and port rigger goes off. Green/Glow hootchie behind green w/red stripe flasher. 700' water, 82' on the wire. I quickly pulled the rod and gave it 3 quick cranks to tighten the line before passing it off to our first time Salmon fishing newbie.

[​IMG]
    Pat gets lots of instruction, probably more than he needed. He thought he'd lost it when it made a run towards the boat. Fish jumps a couple times and puts on typically nice Coho show.

[​IMG]
    In the net, wood shampoo. High 5's all around. Nice 6 pounder.

[​IMG]
    Well done Pat. Our second fish came on the same setup about an hour later near the same spot as the first. Long day on the water finally paid off.

Call to the wife: "Honey, put the chicken away". :)

2. Grady226

Grady226 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    22' Grady White
    Nice post! It has been very tough out there so far this season for Coho.

3. Cpt. Chumstick

Cpt. Chumstick Cpt. Chumstick

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    20' HewesCraft SeaRunner
    It's always fun to get a rookie his first salmon. It makes their day and I'm sure you were happy to get him his first. Nicely done!

4. fishchasr

fishchasr Member

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
    Thanks Gary and Tim. Newbies are always fun. We also noticed both fish had empty bellies. Hmmmm