Soulakala

Almost A Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ocean Park, Wa
Name
Chuck
Boat
Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
Let me start off saying I'm an American, neither black, red, brown, yellow or white. Your skin color is not race your mind is if you let it drift in that direction. What now is bothering me is why are we wanting to change everything that might in the slightest reflect race. Let me make some examples:

Aunt Jemima products
Uncle Bens Rice
Black eyed peas
Black Beans
Black eyes
Black outs
Brown outs
Dr. Seus
Yosemite Sam - too violent
Pepe le pu - racist but that would stink in my opinion
White Castle - too white
White shirts too KKK
Snow too white
Clouds very racist, black clouds are doom and gloom, white clouds dreamy summer days
Stop lights - red is for Indians, yellow for Chinese, green for Irish
I guess I could go on but you can see where we are headed a milk toast world that uttering the wrong word would require your retraining. Heaven forbid if you bump into someone of the opposite sex walking down the street that might be sexual assault.

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Tired of WOKE related issues.

Tim Scott responds to MSNBC's Joy Reid: 'Woke supremacy is as bad as white supremacy'

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
The hardcore radicals scream from the ruff tops for diversity

Then when there is diversity. They scream its racist

:confused:

II think they do this. So they can go back and forth. Which ever way helps them in the moment

The radicals just pour gas on the fire and fan the flames. In the name of trying to prevent it. When all they do is increase it. Just drop it. No other Country is doing this. Drawing out racism

Common nicknames in other regions of the world to the persons face. Are fat, fatty, fatso, booger, penis, skinny, big head, bald, baldy, turtle, mud, dirt, lizard, gringo, nica, chino, cookie, spicy, little blackie, rasta, super man, chest breast, caveman, doll, purple, snaily, cake, pig head, monkey cat, bro, barney, chorizo aka chori, ect ect most does not translate and if it does it sounds weird LOL. Nobody crys

None of this none sense was discussed in SD like it is now, when I was growing up. Nobody cared and a person should just move if they live some where uncomfortable

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Maybe they learned how to be violent from Yosemite Sam.

IMG_20210308_110233.jpg

Yosemite Sam's fault. At least they recognize the true problem and have removed him from doing any further damage

FB_IMG_1609977126599.jpg

Upvote 0

Da Mad Anglah

Old fut who still misses home on da islands
Oct 21, 2020
Idaho (and sometimes Honolulu)
Name
Chris
Boat
'93 18' Weldcraft "Rod Rage"
The day you wake up and realize, the way this world is changing and not for the better, its okay that you have more years behind you than in front.
And the more I hear about this kind of incredibly silly nonsense, the more I just wanna get in my boat and go fishing where there's nobody else.

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2013
OC
Name
Mark
Boat
Stoned Fish
We as a society are collectively trying to fix issues pertaining to social justice but cannot find a concrete and lasting method to do it, so you get different people trying different things (e.g. legal action, internet campaigns, "cancel culture", rioting, etc.) Until we effectively address the problems, you are likely to continue seeing all kinds of stuff.

Upvote 0

strackle99

• Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Progress isnt easy.

It isnt perfect, and toes get stepped on.

But, this country is moving forward, not backwards.

I am thankful to be on the right side of this issue.

A lot of folks are going to viewed the same way we look at Gov. Wallace fighting for school segregation in the 60s.

Upvote 0

billa

Sep 27, 2007
    Bend, Oregon
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    20' NorthRiver.
    Like we are all supposed to undergo sensitivity training. Extensive sensitivity training.
    God help you if you say something that in years past was not an issue. Say it in today's world, and you are considered racist. Like the name of syrup etc.

Upvote 0

Danthefishman

Oct 30, 2006
    La Mesa
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Aquasport 215DC
    IMO this is about erasing common things we are used to in order to REPLACE them with what is needed for the new agenda. Erasing Dr. Seuss seems crazy, but what will it be replaced with will be much crazier. Get your kids out of public school and keep them grounded and close at home because what is right is now wrong, and what is backwards is now forward..

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Personally, I recognize a big problem in disparities between whites and minority groups, most notably blacks. And I think we all have a duty to eliminate racism from governmental action -- after all our government is supposed to be "By the People and For the People" -- especially the pernicious racism that denies equality of opportunity, especially economic opportunity. Undeniably, the governmentally run schools predominantly attended by blacks provide a shockingly inferior education than do the schools predominantly attended by whites. And in California that is not because "white" schools have more money -- it hasn't been that way since at least the 1970's -- almost 50 years. Anyone truly concerned about racism would support vouchers -- a system in which the government pays the bill, but all students have an opportunity to attend private school. That simple change would have two major benefits -- first is choice. Any kid in a crappy school can enroll at a better school. The second is competition -- once schools have to compete for students, the schools will do a better job. Ironically, it is the democrats, who claim to be the only ones concerned about racism, who oppose school choice. A major reason for their opposition is the opposition of teachers' unions, which is no surprise. I sure wish I had a job where the quality of our product and the efficiency of our operations didn't matter. But competition forces us every day to work as hard as we can, to provide the most value we can to our customers, and to charge less than our competitors.

There are plenty of other causes of poverty in our country, not the least is that we have been importing it as fast as possible for decades (with some temporary slowdowns the last 4 years, but the current administration is hell bent on making up for lost time). The social and economic costs of that imported poverty are felt most strongly by blacks and other disadvantaged minority groups. More demand for crappy housing and shitty jobs. Welfare dollars spread over a larger group of people. The largest increases in crime occur in the most disadvantaged neighborhoods.

Even beyond poor educational opportunities and imported poverty, the black community suffers from the highest levels of single parent households, and highest rates of criminal behavior. I can't quote a statistic, but a huge percentage of black men under 25 have been incarcerated. And not because of selective enforcement -- they commit more crime, although the democrats and liberal media are doing what they can obscure and hide those statistics.

Given all these obstacles, the disparities between black lives and what lives isn't surprising. What is surprising is that there are so many people willing to blame stupid things like Aunt Jemima syrup when there are so many obvious causes that should be addressed.

So, I am not tired of hearing about race, but I am tired of hearing that it is the fault of white people, etc., when the biggest roots of the problem are governmental, and the resistance to change come from those who most vociferously decry racism. I pray that a leader will emerge who can bring some kind of consensus to address these problems.

Upvote 0

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    Cancel culture is getting out of hand. Look at Morgan Wallen, now canceled after a racial slur however Logic (white rapper) can use racial slurs in songs and that’s ok.

Upvote 0

ZMF

Dec 5, 2018
    Central valley
    Name
    Zenon
    Boat
    Wellcraft
    Personally, I recognize a big problem in disparities between whites and minority groups, most notably blacks. And I think we all have a duty to eliminate racism from governmental action -- after all our government is supposed to be "By the People and For the People" -- especially the pernicious racism that denies equality of opportunity, especially economic opportunity. Undeniably, the governmentally run schools predominantly attended by blacks provide a shockingly inferior education than do the schools predominantly attended by whites. And in California that is not because "white" schools have more money -- it hasn't been that way since at least the 1970's -- almost 50 years. Anyone truly concerned about racism would support vouchers -- a system in which the government pays the bill, but all students have an opportunity to attend private school. That simple change would have two major benefits -- first is choice. Any kid in a crappy school can enroll at a better school. The second is competition -- once schools have to compete for students, the schools will do a better job. Ironically, it is the democrats, who claim to be the only ones concerned about racism, who oppose school choice. A major reason for their opposition is the opposition of teachers' unions, which is no surprise. I sure wish I had a job where the quality of our product and the efficiency of our operations didn't matter. But competition forces us every day to work as hard as we can, to provide the most value we can to our customers, and to charge less than our competitors.

There are plenty of other causes of poverty in our country, not the least is that we have been importing it as fast as possible for decades (with some temporary slowdowns the last 4 years, but the current administration is hell bent on making up for lost time). The social and economic costs of that imported poverty are felt most strongly by blacks and other disadvantaged minority groups. More demand for crappy housing and shitty jobs. Welfare dollars spread over a larger group of people. The largest increases in crime occur in the most disadvantaged neighborhoods.

Even beyond poor educational opportunities and imported poverty, the black community suffers from the highest levels of single parent households, and highest rates of criminal behavior. I can't quote a statistic, but a huge percentage of black men under 25 have been incarcerated. And not because of selective enforcement -- they commit more crime, although the democrats and liberal media are doing what they can obscure and hide those statistics.

Given all these obstacles, the disparities between black lives and what lives isn't surprising. What is surprising is that there are so many people willing to blame stupid things like Aunt Jemima syrup when there are so many obvious causes that should be addressed.

So, I am not tired of hearing about race, but I am tired of hearing that it is the fault of white people, etc., when the biggest roots of the problem are governmental, and the resistance to change come from those who most vociferously decry racism. I pray that a leader will emerge who can bring some kind of consensus to address these problems.
    There may be an opening for CA Governor coming up soon, ever considered “public service?”

Upvote 0