Are you fnn kidding me?

blowncar

Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
Just saw a notice up at the Ocean Shores post office. Seems whoever is in control of fire restrictions has made it illegal to use charcoal in your BBQ at your own home. I thought it was just poorly written but upon checking with the local fire department and the Greys harbor fire captains department (whatever their official name is) I was told I couldn't use birquets in my BBQ on the deck off our second story home.

Who the hell thinks up stuff like this and what data do they use to justify these restrictions? Has there been a rash of land fires started because someone used their weber grill? I know why don't they make lightning strikes illegal .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NWGuy

Kid's smiles are the best!
Jul 31, 2009
Lake Tapps
Name
Bryan Grant
Boat
16', ancient, money pit
Who the hell thinks up stuff like this and what data do they use to justify these restrictions? Has there been a rash of land fires started because someone used their weber grill? I know why don't they make lightning strikes illegal .

It is easy for govt to fine you, You are easy to catch sitting on your porch, Clouds are hard to catch :frehya2:

Reactions: cortezpirasea
Upvote 0

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat
SOLD
James is this a temporary thing or permanent? I know I was just in WP city hall and they informed me the fire pits in the back yard are banned due to a state wide burn ban on right now. Once it is lifted we can do as we please.

Having to run to central WA 2.5 weeks back to clear stuff out of a building due to the fires I get how dry it is. But the coast is a little different but still on the dryer side than normal.

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
More regulations = more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ducker!

Upvote 0

Swede

Yachtless
  • May 2, 2008
    Pacific Northwest
    Name
    Swede
    Boat
    Kristen Lee
    Fire ban Level one that was in play two weeks ago because of the smoke, bans charcoal. That was lifted in King County last week

Reactions: Fireball
    Upvote 0

Socket985

Almost A Member
    Jun 6, 2008
    Buckley Wa
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    21 ft ThunderJet OB/OS
    Fire ban Level one that was in play two weeks ago because of the smoke, bans charcoal. That was lifted in King County last week

Correct. It's strictly due to the poor air quality. BBQ's believe it or not release a lot of contaminant's that does contribute to the dirty air. It usually has nothing to do with the fire risk.

Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
    Sep 1, 2009
    Hollywood
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Tiderunner
    Trager problem solved......

Upvote 0

troller w