Stryker20

Subtle as a Hand Grenade
Oct 3, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Name
Mike
Boat
Still searching
OK, it's Monday..............Where'd everybody go?

FWIW, I just had a Seeker shipped up here from Cali. Cost me almost double the original asking price of the rod, but the rod was cheap to begin with.

Pretty easy deal, I asked if he was willing to ship, he said yes, got me a quote, I said "send it", I paid, he shipped, done deal. Sending that stick to be re-wrapped today.

Find something you want, ask the guy if he wants to ship. Worst your gonna get is being called a "Washington fag, Fuck no I won't ship to any of you assholes."

Way I see it, if you want it bad enough, you can find it somewhere else.

Ebay has some killer shit pop up from time to time, you generally end up paying a little more in the end, but it still beats paying retail sometimes.

Cornfed

CAPTAIN | TEAM USUAL SUSPECTS
Has Moderator Powers
Sep 18, 2007
Seattle
Name
TOMMY DONLIN
Boat
DEFIANCE GUADALUPE 290 CORNIVOROUS
Just remember WA, if it wasn't for CA, you wouldn't have BD.:D
If it wasn't for WA, BD wouldn't have half the income for this site. :D

However, I do concur with the general consensus that WA boys get butt hurt easily and do not comprehend the general spirit of BD (thats why I don't clown on my people any more). I attribute this to the growth rate of the forum and all of the fresh blood around.

I would wager that BD WA has the highest click/view numbers per capita and we are still expanding.

I will say that the coolest cats I have met are from Socal, and I try to stack my tourney team with guys from that region (that know how to flyline a bait).

With that said...who wants to ship me some jig sticks? :D

And yes, albacore are among the weakest pelagic species. Salmon are even weaker. I recommend a YT/YFT LR trip for a learning opportunity.

kingfisher1

Feb 17, 2009
WA
Name
Aaron
Boat
n/a
And yes, albacore are among the weakest pelagic species. Salmon are even weaker. I recommend a YT/YFT LR trip for a learning opportunity.
Well put ... or a 2 consecutive day drift on 80-100lb BFT on like gear... after than you'll learn to just jack pole our little alberts in the boat.

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
So a Washingtonian and a Californian are riding down a country road in a pickup. The californian sees a sheep on the side of the road with his head stuck in a barbed wire fence. He gets out, runs over behind the sheep, drops trou and starts hammering the poor animal. When he's done he yells out to the washington dude..."Hey...Ya want some of this action?"

The washington guy yells "Hell Yes!"

He then runs over to the fence and sticks his head into the wire.

ledbed6b

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
hahahaha nice

I think you accidentally told it backwards though

SoCal Redneck

We don't have to drink the whole bottle!
Dec 30, 2011
Puyallup WA
Name
Daren
Boat
Bartender/fish cleaner for the Mojo
I'm kinda stuck in the middle on this one. I'm looking forward to the end of the season in CA, That's when I'll buy even more barely used stuff... If they won't ship, I'll come get it. Need a Charkbait store here! Tex is just Fuckin with ya'll cause the seas are fucked up and we cant fish - He knows almost all the gear I've bought has come from my Orange County "Essays".

Agree with Tommy...only both places have too many people that are easily butt hurt just from some fun smack talk.

I don't give a shit if it's raining or sunny as long as we can fish. Yellowtail off Catalina = bad ass and so is filling a boat full of Albi's. Theres far more fishing and hunting to be done up here in WA, that's why we put up with the shitty weather. I do miss the sun!

After the earthquake, there should be lots of new beach front property for all to enjoy!

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
We're almost there. So, If you guys are catching some BF in "Cali" let me see the pics. Without Pics, it didn't happen, you guys still suck. LOL

AKULA683

STS3(SS)
Jun 10, 2008
Tustin/CA/US
Name
Toby
Boat
Sold!
The first time I went to Oregon was 28 years ago and people were using that same tired line about the earthquake and a part of California sliding into the ocean. I'm feeling pretty safe. You guys are way more likely to die of flooding than we are of dieing from an earthquake. Besides, if it does happen that will just make more submerged structure for me to fish. :-)

Back to your original whine. If all the real fishing is happening up there than why is all the gear sold down here. And like you said, its all being sold to local folks.

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
The first time I went to Oregon was 28 years ago and people were using that same tired line about the earthquake and a part of California sliding into the ocean. I'm feeling pretty safe. You guys are way more likely to die of flooding than we are of dieing from an earthquake. Besides, if it does happen that will just make more submerged structure for me to fish. :-)

Back to your original whine. If all the real fishing is happening up there than why is all the gear sold down here. And like you said, its all being sold to local folks.

You guys are recycling, brand new reels that have no use are definately not catching fish. Thats why we look down towards you guys, great gear, never used at a reduced price. Now, we just got to get you to learn how to lick a stamp. :rofl:

FlyinFishOTI

Aug 5, 2005
Seattle, WA
Name
FlyinFish
Boat
none
I've got some jigs for sale. I'll post up pictures, and if you can name them, you can have them for $1 each. Hint: Doesn't start with "butter," doesn't end in "fly."

I only ship using DHL. :D

For the love of gawd, mods, shut this thing down before Tex ensures that no one ever sells anything to a WA BDer ever again :hali_parkutuli:

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
OK, Man, truce. I was just having fun with you guys. Got to ten, I received a big ole whopping Tanacum Bull 750 in the mail today, from Florida. LOL. I'm sure by telling you guys this, I will be receiving a bashing for having an electric reel. LOL:rofl:

MikeyLikesIt

did you say F I S H I N G ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Oh, and I just figured I'd get the pot stirred since tuna is almost over and the shittalk will begin soon cause everyone is bored. LOl
its a pre-emptive strike....

I like that. :)

I dont get it either, I ship stuff all the time.......once you know what the lunch schedule is at your local post office, (and avoid all those hours), its easy.

also, best time for a quick trip to PO is to get there at 4:55 pm......(closing at 5 PM). It is aMAZING how motivated they become after 5!

.....just sayin. :D