TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
I really don't get it, why are the Cali boys scared to sell shit and ship? Are there that many dirtbags down there or what? 13 bucks to ship flat rate express and they can't do it. I really don't get it, odd people. Just a rant.

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Maybe it's just you? :rofl:

What the heck could you want from clownifornia anyways?

S

South Bend

Why go to the hassle to ship to another state, when the opportunity to sell local is so easy?

When buying used or by some fly by night website or seller, I prefer to be within striking distance.:D

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
Maybe it's just you? :rofl:

What the heck could you want from clownifornia anyways?
Well, you may be right, but I always wondered why you guys sell so much almost new shit, I didn't realize you have to take your own gear on charters, now it makes sense, you guys buy a 600 dollar reel, go on a charter and don't catch shit, then sell it because you suck. Obviously, it would make sense to sell local first, but I will take first offer, ship or local. Especially when there is 3-4 pages and price drops, yeah, that makes sense.

Jig Stick

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 21, 2008
Encinitas
Name
Ken
Boat
Cabo 216...Sold
"There's an old saying in Texas; fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....can't fool me again."

I got fooled by some donkey in OR.

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
Yeah, but how many times has a BD brotha screwed you? Not up here anyway, cause we know people who know people who do bad stuff to shitheads. LOL:2gunsfiring_v1:

vinhtran

Jul 31, 2012
Menifee
Name
Vinh
Boat
none
I think it's just the convenience of selling it locally, especially when you're in Southern California. Plus, don't have to wait for something like paypal to clear.

That is true though, I wonder why some people don't want to ship something small like a reel. I live down here, but sometimes I wouldn't want to take the hour drive and waste $30 in gas alone when I could have it shipped for a fraction of the cost.

FlyinFishOTI

Aug 5, 2005
Seattle, WA
Name
FlyinFish
Boat
none
Hey Tex, maybe if you went down there and showed them your amazing fishing skillzzz, then they'd understand and play nice.

Seriously though, yes, people have gotten burned by BDers in the past. Nothing is quite the same as cash in hand. Do you have a paypal account? That might help things a little.

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
Yep, have paypal and use it all the time, when I receive money, its in my account in like three days yet, some of these people state it takes 2-3 weeks for money to clear, not true at all. Not to mention, your covered by paypal, I know that because yes I recently got burned also, but the freakin asshat was in china. Learned my lesson there but I did get my money back in about a month. I know its easier to sell local, and I would prefer to sell local to my WA brothers also, but I am pretty sure we're harder than hell on our gear compared to the Cali pansies who take one charter. LOL, Just Kidding there Califolk. Don't sue me. :finger: LOL

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
Oh, and I just figured I'd get the pot stirred since tuna is almost over and the shittalk will begin soon cause everyone is bored. LOl

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
It is a lot less hassle to sell locally where the customer can check out the item in person and be completely satisified before he hands over any money. I have sold a few items out of state and have run into one scammer who who claimed the drags on a reel were rough and the bearings wern't smooth and if I didn't send him $40 for new drags and bearings he would post negative comments about me etc. I told him to just send the reel back and I would return his money and pay for shipping and that shut him up. Other times people claim the item didn't arrive or it was damaged in shipping. I don't need to spend an hour waiting in line at the post office when I can sell something locally and make new friends in the process. One person who bought a couple of rods from me has become one of my new fishing buddies and I have gone on 5 or 6 trips with him.

Johnny J

Formally INOXicated
May 10, 2008
Anza, CA USA
www.grip-n-hook.com
Name
John
Boat
not mine
Oh, and I just figured I'd get the pot stirred since tuna is almost over and the shittalk will begin soon cause everyone is bored. LOl
Maybe almost over for you, just starting to fish the big ones here, off the the Rocks. You are right in that the forums get fun this time of the year when the sun don't shine. It will be in the 90's here this weekend. :D

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Its you,with your attitude towards us California clowns why would anyone sell anything to you ? selling it to someone local is a lot easier and it might actually get used instead of sitting in the garage 10 months out of the year.

S

South Bend

Yeah, I guess it is time for you guys to start to winterize your boats and pull the bowling ball out of the closet for your winter bowling leagues. Unlike you, our fishing last more than a couple of months.

Weather forcast for So Cal today.......90 degrees and sunny.
Weather forcast for Fort Lewis, WA.........60 degres with light rain.

Yeah, I am really envious of you WA guys.:rolleyes:

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I really don't get it, why are the Cali boys scared to sell shit and ship? Are there that many dirtbags down there or what? 13 bucks to ship flat rate express and they can't do it. I really don't get it, odd people. Just a rant.

Wow You are one sad dude............................:_diarrhea_:

You have a bad experience ,,, and you blast all the Cali people....

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
Yeah, I guess it is time for you guys to start to winterize your boats and pull the bowling ball out of the closet for your winter bowling leagues. Unlike you, our fishing last more than a couple of months.

Weather forcast for So Cal today.......90 degrees and sunny.
Weather forcast for Fort Lewis, WA.........60 degres with light rain.

Yeah, I am really envious of you WA guys.:rolleyes:
Yet,your sitting here reading BD instead of fishing. What happened, all the charters cancel. LOL