Archery Turkey Season

hayseed

Feb 2, 2005
Ramona, CA
Name
Tom Luckie
Boat
22 ft. Ranger Bay Boat
What is reason for turkey archery season being after the general season closes? In almost all other cases archery season opens up before the general season. It would be nice to have a crack at them before they get spooked.

Tom

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
Because all the bitches are sitting on eggs, and the boys still want a piece so they respond to calls better than the early part of the season!!!!

Upvote 0

gpomplin

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 13, 2006
Santee
Name
gary
Boat
A BIG RUBBER DUCK
what I have seen you sure can ruin some good arrows shooting turkeys thats why I stick to the good ole 12 ga, have to admit it is a challange trying to hit one...and the few people I have heard of getting one with a bow, my hat is off to them...

Upvote 0

hayseed

Feb 2, 2005
Ramona, CA
Name
Tom Luckie
Boat
22 ft. Ranger Bay Boat
I had better luck during the first part of the season and couldnt even find birds by the end of the season. I was able to call in a few but something always went wrong before I could close the deal. The only shot I took was about an inch over his back as he turned and ran away. Getting one with a bow is still on the list.

Archery season is open for an additional 19 days after the general season closes.

Upvote 0

GLASS PADDY

Invisible Man
Feb 16, 2009
ABOUT 20 FEET UP
Name
DOUG
Boat
GLASS PADDY
You can use a bow though gun season,then they leave it open for 2 extra weeks to bow only.Its just a little bonus for the bow guys.

Upvote 0