Sirgonzolot

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 17, 2021
Pa
Name
Stephen Gonzalez
Boat
Intrepid
I heard that it is possible to upgrade the DPX2 30 with the new ARB bearing in the Dauntless and the Valiant . Does anyone know if there is some validity to this?

Last edited:

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
We upgrade any DPX reel that comes in for service if it has not already been upgraded.

Reactions: skrilla and BloodyL

Day0ne

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Name
David
Boat
233 Formula Shadowdancer

abj5150

Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
If a BX reel needs to be upgraded we do those as well. If a BX reel is working good there is no reason to send it in just for an upgrade. The upgrade if needed is best done during a regular service. If you send it in just for an upgrade you will still pay for and receive a full service.

abj5150

Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
Sorry. You can't install 2 ARB bearings in a BX2-30. Alan Tani can't do it either. There must be a misunderstanding because there can't be a video or a website where 2 ARB bearings are installed in a BX2-30. Of you have the link to the website you mention please send it to [email protected], I'd like to see what you are talking about.
The old 665, 870, 197 and 270 reels had two ARB bearings, but they were much smaller.

abj5150

Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
For the benefit of others reading this post: 2 ARB bearings can be installed. After reviewing the information from Alan Tani, I see what he did. His install took place in 2012. This procedure would not be recommended. We have an outstanding stainless steel ARB and we have never seen the current ARB fail. The previous ARB didn't fail, but lack of annual maintenance and failure to properly clean the reel after fishing would cause the bearing to seize.