AR question.

Lucky 13

Apr 1, 2012
U.S.
Name
Brett
Boat
Ok guys,

I know alot of you are from California, so I don't know how much you can help me, but I figure why not.

I currently live in Fl, but am from NY. I am looking to move back, but don't know what to do about my AR? Can I leave it as is when I move up there? Does it have to be modified?

If I buy a pre '94 stripped lower and just transfer the parts over will I be good? If so, where can I find a pre '94 lower?

I really wish our government would stop this ridiculous crap and take learn from Switzerland... but where is the money in that?

Thanks in advance

cksea

<*}}}<
Apr 16, 2005
SD
Name
CKSEA
Boat
PORTA
it will need to be CA compliant. so if it has evil features you can not have a removable magazine.

Smudge

Moderate
Mar 11, 2005
Hollywood, FL
www.sandiego-sportfishing.com
Name
Matt
Boat
I'm just a deckhand...
it will need to be CA compliant. so if it has evil features you can not have a removable magazine.

It's not going ot need to be CA legal in NY... lol

mcrae

More wishing than fishing
Sep 30, 2007
Central California
Name
McRae
Boat
none
I am from Brooklyn NY and have owned a pistol in North Carolina and now California. I have also moved back to New York a few times. If you are moving back to the city consult One Police Plaza in Manhatten. There are many laws and they change. Anything and everything I know about gun laws does not apply to New York. If you wind up on the wrong side of this you may well end up on Rikers... It is not an island paradise.

Seamus14

Jul 12, 2012
NE coast
Name
Jim
Boat
In Time
I'm in NJ and aside from magazine capacity I think the limitations are the same as NY.

You'll need a pinned or non adjustable stock and welded/pinned muzzle break that's NY legal, does not qualify as a compensator.

That should get you started but research the local laws and know them explicitly.

Cops in NJ/NY aren't shy about arresting first and figuring out the law later.

NachoOne

Not your normal Nachos
May 8, 2009
So Cal., CA. USA
Name
Nacho
Boat
Long Gone
Hell, in NYC it is clear that they do NOT want you to own any weapon. Only cops and the crooks have them.