AR-15 223

Discussion in 'Firearms and Hunting Classifieds & Deals' started by G-Spot, Mar 4, 2011.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    *** Sold pending payment and details ***

I have a AR-15, stainless steel barrel made by Shaw for accuracy and improved life, forward gas block standard butt stock and hand guards, the scope is a Millet 6-18 X 40. Pretty straight forward great for desert hunting sage rats, rabbits or whatever....

I have shot about 100 rounds through it, it is in like new condition. $1000.00

I will be coming to San Diego in one week for a long range trip, so it is possible for me to bring the gun down. You will need to modify the gun with a fixed, low capacity magazine to ensure you stay compliant with Ca Laws.

I am offering it for sale locally as well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. TROB

TROB Member

Name:
    Tommy
    Boat:
    Duck Schmuck - yak
    YOU will need to make sure it is compliant before it gets in the state. also, a buyer will want to know what kind of rifle it is (brands)

3. 1crazy1

1crazy1 Newbie

Name:
    Clayton
    Boat:
    25 Davis Bahia 1CRAZY1
    What he meant is Cailfornia laws are :shithappens::_diarrhea_:!

4. ibdfishkiller

ibdfishkiller Newbie

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Buying a new one
    I believe you just need to add a bullet button and a 10 rnd mag.

5. USMCfish

USMCfish USMC-FISH

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Tuna Can
    KAlifornia laws kill us....

6. ibdfishkiller

ibdfishkiller Newbie

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Buying a new one
    I agree and buy them while you can:finger:.

7. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    I bought the kit from Model one sales. The lower was purchased from Tactical machine and finished by me. It is one of the cleanest lowers I have seen on the market, a lot of lowers aren't as clean. Tactical machine spends extra time to clean the forging marks and polish it....I have a Bushmaster and this is actually cleaner than the Bushy.... although everybody loves a Bushmaster!!

Model one sales uses Shaw barrels. There are only a few barrel manufacturers and most manufactures don't make their own barrels. When I ordered this barrel I spoke to them on the phone about the advantages of stainless.... It lasts the longest, and it improves accuracy because it has less changes in molecular structure when it gets heated up..... A chrome lined barrel is easier to clean, but because it is standard steel with a chrome molly lining the two metals expand and contract differently when heated and can effect accuracy. I built this gun to be accurate and last.

I built it for myself, so it is done right.... I am not worried about all the tactical stuff, I don't like quad rails, lights, forward handles, etc on a rifle like this.... I like the traditional rifle like I shot in the Army years ago. I also have an M-4 A-3, for the assault type, but this barrel length and style is more about hitting something that is out there a little farther. If the zombies come you can put some cammo tape on the small part of the shiny stainless barrel and it's taken care of... I have heard that a stainless barrel is good for 50,000 rounds.... more bullets than I can afford in my life!!

Hope this additional info helps. If someone is interested we will have to work out details of fixed mag to ensure I don't get in trouble..

8. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    I just did a quick search and it looks like a "bullet button" is $20.00, I have a smaller mag either 5 or 10 rounds, so modifications should be easy to comply....

9. TROB

TROB Member

Name:
    Tommy
    Boat:
    Duck Schmuck - yak
    yea, but im saying it needs to be done before you enter the state (legally ;)). so, you need to install the bullet button and 10 round mag while in oregon, and make sure you dont bring any assembled hi-cap mags. i think you can disassemble them and bring them in as rebuild kits though.

10. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Thanks for the heads up.

11. Swarthy Dago

Swarthy Dago Coredor de las olas

Name:
    My name is Nobody
    Boat:
    n/a
    You all seem to have this under control. Nicely set up rifle at a fair price.

12. kerchunk

kerchunk Newbie

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    2011 BMW M3