Start Me Up Sportfishing

chuck merkel

Jun 18, 2007
Hawaii
Name
Chuck Merkel
Boat
21 foot Force Marine, Joslyn M
Launched from Waianae at about 6 am. Ran the ledge up to Kaena point. Marked some fish on the ledge but no bait balls. Swapped lures and headed towards CO. About 3 miles from CO we ran into a pod of pilot or false killer whales. There were a few boats and birds at CO. Kept heading out and found a big bird pile about 4 miles outside CO. Stayed with this pile for about an hour, but no luck. Turned to the south towards the pinnacles and found another big pile. Worked that pile for another hour but no bite. Turned in toward the harbor and called it a day. I guess the fish know about social distancing now, too.

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Chuck,
Glad you got out and gave it hell... we had an interesting 30 minutes on the 300 fathom curve early Saturday morning, 2 miles from the harbor.

Cheers
Pat

Reactions: Puravida16
Upvote 0

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Chuck,
A day on the water sure beats a day stuck at home! I’m recouping from eye surgery and missing being out on the water! I know the fishing action has been slow lately but should improve in the coming weeks!

Upvote 0

chuck merkel

Jun 18, 2007
Hawaii
Name
Chuck Merkel
Boat
21 foot Force Marine, Joslyn M
Chuck,
Glad you got out and gave it hell... we had an interesting 30 minutes on the 300 fathom curve early Saturday morning, 2 miles from the harbor.

Cheers
Pat

Thanks Pat. I hope to see you out there soon.

Chuck

Chuck,
A day on the water sure beats a day stuck at home! I’m recouping from eye surgery and missing being out on the water! I know the fishing action has been slow lately but should improve in the coming weeks!

Thanks Russ. I hope you are recovered soon.

Chuck

Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    That was old gas anyway. Needed to be burned.
    Can you post some pictures of the coast there. My wife was a tita in Makaha. LOL

Upvote 0