April 18,2010-Lahaina Harbor, Maui

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Aloha from Start Me Up Sportfishing.
    April, so far has brought some blockbuster fishing days. We look forward to sharing with you just a sample of our successful days on the water.
    [​IMG]
    John McCaffrey with Team Start Me Up at the helm had a successful day on the water.
    [​IMG]
    James Hotchkiss memories are made fishing not sitting on the couch.
    [​IMG]
    The Garabedian Family with a bull mahi that was a highlight on their Maui vacation.
    [​IMG]
    This 519.7 pound blue marlin caught just days after one weighing just 3 ounces less was caught on a purple soft head after hitting the short corner. It was ripping line 400 yards straight out. While the captain was backing down on the fish the anglers were swapping out and bringing line back on to the Shimano 130. The fish made a run straight down and the crew put the reel in low gear fought it to leader and the captain gaffed it. Wyatt Caldwell along with the Bateman party received a free trip for their over 500 pound catch and a $300.00 donation was given to Maui Humane Society.
    [​IMG]
    John Lavelle, Kate Byrd, Jeroslav Pespisil and the Flahauts brought in this 22 pound mahi on their 6 hour trip with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Sean and Andrew Kinahan with 1 of 4 mahis from their days catch.
    [​IMG]
    Sean and Andrew with their father Peter Kinahan showing another mahi from their catch.
    [​IMG]
    The Kinahans with Mike Tracey and Ruyan Carter thrilled over their early morning trip
    and the catch of mahis that enhanced the island experience for them.
    [​IMG]
    Three generations of Wiltzs, Allen, Allen and Allen Jr. bonding over a day on the water and their catch from SO buoy.
    [​IMG]
    Marilyn Kite, Gus Jacobson, Roy Jacobson and Jeremy Trott from Wyoming enjoying their moment in the spot light with a nice mahi and ahi catch.
    [​IMG]
    William Fulkrod with 1 of his 2 mahis caught at SO buoy with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Shane, John and Kyle McDermott with a beautiful 25 pound bull mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Jerry and Rachel Gollinger on an 8 hour trip with Team Start Me Up brought in this nice bull mahi.
    [​IMG]
    After having a father and son day on the water Mark and Brenden Micho have more than just good memories, they have good eaten.
    [​IMG]
    Jim and Daniel Hamalainen had a lot of action at the buoys , boating 5 mahis at K buoy and 5 at SO buoy.
    [​IMG]
    This well iced catch will make for great eating for a lot of families. This could be your next meal on Maui.
    [​IMG]
    Stu Stacey and Suzanne Cochran on an 8 hour trip with Team Start Me Up had an exceptional fishing experience bringing in 8 mahis and here they are showing just 1 of their catch a nice size bull mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Phil Ironstand and Randy LaRose had a day they wont soon forget shown by their 10 mahis.
    [​IMG]
    Inquiring minds want to know. Future Fisherman!
    [​IMG]
    Kyle Jelicich, first time fisherman, with a 15 pound mahi.
    [​IMG]
    A day on the water to definitely write home about. Duane Button, Wayne Horton, John Cotter and son John along with Jim Kelber and son Noah brought in this 177 pound blue marlin along with 2 mahis and a couple of shibis.
    [​IMG]
    This catch over 86 pounds in all kept the Haselden, Felske and Monahan parties busy reeling all day .
    [​IMG]
    This impressive catch of 46 mahis was brought in on one of Start me Ups early morning trips, Just goes to show the early bird catches more than just a worm.
    [​IMG]
    Ryan Johnston shown here with 1 of his more impressive mahis of the day.
    [​IMG]
    Wendy Scott, Linda Yavis and Karen Stiansen kept their fellow anglers on their toes.
    Good going ladies! Show those men how it’s done.
    [​IMG]
    A memorable day on the water for Warren and Linda Yavis, Ryan Johnston, Karen Stiansen, Wendy Scott and Lawrence Jennings.
    [​IMG]
    Start Me Ups crewman with the catch of the day and another on the way.

Thanks for your interest in Hawaii fisihing and your support of Bloody Decks. Hope to see you on Maui soon!
    Aloha!

2. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Lots of green in those pics.Aloha